Nimbus 34

Chapter 34
DARIA

Ramdam ko ang pangangatog ko habang tinitingnan ang napupuyos na mga mata ni Sojin. He looked so sleepless and tired. He looked so frustrated and exhausted. The app that will be launch in few hours is currently malfunctioning. I understand... where's his anger coming from.

Pero hindi talaga ako nagbukas ng kung ano. I was so careful when I fixed the unusual ware last night. It was from the outside so I know what risk it would bring if I was reckless.

"What did you fucking do?" tanong niya ulit, pigil na pigil ng magalit.

My lips paled. "Hindi ko alam—"

"The keylogger that I installed detected your email and password! It was your account that was encrypted in there. Who else would know your account? Ako ba?"

"A-Ang sabi ko, hindi ko alam. I didn't log in any of my accounts. Inayos ko lang 'yong kakaibang bugs nang walang binubuksang—"

"So what are you suggesting? The keylogger was lying? Make sure to make a lot of good excuses because I'm done. I'm done believing in you!"

Napasinghap ako.

"Sojin, I really didn't log in. I..." natigil ako nang makita ang pagpait ng mukha niya nang banggitin ko ang kanyang pangalan.

I closed my eyes. I looked at him to explain again.

"I-I didn't do anything. I was just fixing the bugs—"

"Who told you to fix anything? Are you so confident that you can do good in the app?"

Nanuyo ang lalamunan ko. Hindi ako makapagsalita at parang nilulukumos sa sakit ang aking dibdib.

"How much do you know about fixing malwares? How much?!" he growled. "Tell me!"

I bit my trembling lips. Why is he rasing his voice? H-He's making me afraid... He's making me embarrassed of myself.

Nanghina ako. Hindi ko na magawang depensahan pa ang sarili dahil isang subok ko lang, alam kong tuluyan na akong mawawasak.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Sorry?" he smirked with insult. "What can your sorry do? Can it fix all of this?"

Nagbaba ako ng tingin at nagpigil ng luha. Para akong mababasag.

"Go home..." He gritted his teeth. "I don't want to see your face today."

He turned away and brought his laptop with him. It was a moment of silence. Everyone was looking at me. I excused myself and when I closed the door of the restroom, I covered my face and finally let go of my tears.

My shoulders shook as my cries turned into sobs. I sighed heavily and bit my lower lip, crying hard. Hindi dapat ako umiiyak. He thought I was the one defected the app that will be launch few hours from now, so his anger and frustration of me was understandable. It's a normal reaction for someone as so stress and tired as him.

Hindi ko alam kung ilang minuto ako sa loob ng restroom. I couldn't stop crying so before going out, I really made sure that I was okay. Sinalubong ako ni Romina nang makalabas ako.

"Are you okay?" Romina looked at me with sad face. "They're now having a good time fixing the app. Gumagana na raw ulit. Hours from now, maayos na at mahahabol pa sa launching. Thanks to the timeout that was installed. It prevent the malicious ware from outside to enter and scattered more in our server. So don't worry now..."

I looked at the wall clock and breathed out when it's already past 3 o'clock. Tinawag si Romina kaya malungkot niya akong tiningnan. Tumango ako para sabihing pumunta siya at huwag na akong alalahanin.