Nimbus 7

Chapter 7
HAPPY

"Why are you suddenly so interested to him?" hindi ko napigilan ang sarili kong tanungin si Daria.

This is the first time I see her getting really interested to know a person. She's more on the surface level. If she finds the person attractive, hanggang doon lang. Hindi niya pinipilit ang sariling kilalanin pa ito nang mabuti.

Kinikilala lang niya kapag naging jowa na niya o kaya'y kaibigan.

But this, she didn't even had a long conversation with Farrick, interesado na agad siya.

She finds him more than just an attraction. She's more than interested.

Daria looked at me straight in the eyes, looking more desperate. "I just want to. I'm interested to know him. May masama ba roon?"

Bumuntong-hininga ako. "I'm just asking why are you interested in him when you already had Joross with you?"

I thought she would be offended but to my surprise, she smirked.

"Believe me. I can leave Joross easily if I'll get close to Farrick."

Hindi ako makapaniwala sa narinig.

"At saka hindi ba't iyon naman ang gusto mo? Ayaw mo kay Joross para sa akin. I can willingly dispatch him now once I'll get closer to Farrick so you better find way for us to meet as soon as possible. I swear, I'll be a good girl you would always want to have."

Iyon pa lang, alam kong hindi lang basta interesado si Daria. It feels so new that for some reason, I was hesitant to giving her a chance to meet Farrick.

Pero naisip ko, bakit naman hindi, diba? Ipakilala ko lang naman silang dalawa. And who knows? Baka si Farrick pa ang dahilan ng pagbabago ng kapatid ko.

And if that happens, I'll be a very happy sister for her. It's a good thing. I should do better for my sister.

"Fine." I sighed. "I'll introduce you to him if we'll see each other again."

"Siguraduhin mong hindi mo makakalimutan."

Hindi na ako sumagot. Humalukipkip siya.

"If you really want Joross to stay out of my life, introduce me to Farrick. That's the only way, Doreen."

"Can't you get rid of Joross on your own and set aside conditions?" I was almost irritated.

"You choose for me. You know what's better for me, right? Because you're my older sister?" Nilampasan niya ako.

I don't know if I should be annoyed for that or what. I was suddenly confused what to do. But then, a sign occurred that same night. An unregistered number call me and I was surprise when I knew who was it.

"Good evening. Nadisturbo ba kita?" It was Farrick's voice from the other line.

Nakilala ko agad ang boses niya. Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Farrick?"

"Sojin. I want you to call me, Sojin."

Oh, okay.

"Why did you call? Where did you get my number?"

"Sa pulis no'ng gabi sa bar, haha!" tawa niya. "Matagal ko ng s-in-ave 'tong number mo. Ngayon lang ako nagkaroon ng rason na tawagan ka,"

"Bakit ka tumawag?"

"Sabi ko sa'yo hindi mo ako ma-i-scam, 'di ba? I have your number kaya walang scam-scam sa akin." he uttered. "Sorry kung kinuha ko. Papayag ka bang lumabas tayo?"