Nimbus 37

Chapter 37
PRESENT

Silence between us stretched. I remained staring at the puppies while his attention was all on me. I want us to talk more so everything will start unfolding. Slowly and thoroughly.

"I talked to that bastard days when you left home."

My breathing stopped and turned to him, shocked. What?

"I told you before that I will believe everything you said but there's part of me telling that you're just lying so you can get rid of me. So..."

He breathed properly.

"I-I visited him in the jail and asked him about you... Everything about the both of you."

Umawang ang bibig ko. Pumikit siya nang mariin.

"He told me that... it's true. That you both happened. That what you told me that day was the whole truth. He told me you were pregnant with his child... and that you agreed to register the child with his surname. You accepted him... as your husband."

What?

I gritted my teeth and cursed Joross in my mind. That fucking bastard!

"I don't want to believe it but his statements coincide with yours. And fuck... he was so serious when he told me everything! I was so mad and hurt that I refused to know more anything about you. I was so angry that I refused to track you down and find any traces of you. I wanted to forget you and move on kasi hindi ako nakaahon, Doreen. Lagi kong iginapang ang bawat araw na wala ka. I was nearly insane thinking what have I done for you to do that..."

"I'm sorry..." My tears streamed continously. "That time, I don't know what to think anymore. I found out that I didn't save your parents... Joross was playing hard on me... I was very sick and disgusted of myself... And I thought I was pregnant. My thoughts were already running wild. I don't know how to save myself without burdening anyone... "

"Since when have you been a burden to me?" aniya at malamyos na sumulyap sa tiyan ko. "You thought... you're pregnant?"

Umiling ako, bahagyang natawa. "I wasn't pregnant."

Hindi siya nakasagot.

"Joross admitted that nothing happened between us right when he begged me to save him out from being jailed. That's why I don't understand why he told you that we both happened and I accepted him as the father of my child. He's lying."

His eyes widened in fraction. Mabilis ding nawala iyon at napalitan ng kakaibang pandidilim sa galit.

"That fucking..." his jaw clenched.

"Daria told me the truth, too. That time, she was pregnant and begging me to take her again so she explained everything. Their statement coincide each other."

He fisted his hands and closed his eyes tightly. Nang dumilat siya ay tumulo ang kanyang mga luha. His eyes were weak but very mad. I felt my heart died.

"I accepted him as my husband? Is that why you thought I had a child and I got married?"

"I-I already know that you weren't married... that same day when the app malfunctioned."

Nagulat ako.

"I overtimed everyday not just for the launching but because... I was searching for your information. I found out everything. I was mad at you for not telling me sooner... that's why I can't help but lashed out to you when the app was defected."

"I'm sorry. I just don't think it was needed. You looked like you've finally moved on and..."

"I didn't,"