Chapter 7-The Girl of Snow

(Note that Tamao Ichinose hangs with the crew during lunch).

Boys Dorm

Ben's Room

Ben would never admit that he'd been scared before in his life. But there were those times when he'd been terrified. Like, when he faced Zombozo for instance; if there was one thing that scared him, it was Clowns. That had been scary. But, like any other hero, he faced his fears and saved the day. But, he was a little scared whenever he was late for school, which was why he was in so much of a hurry to get ready for school.

"My tie! Where's my tie!?" Ben panicked as he slipped on his jacket while looking around frantically. His hair was a mess and his shirt was not tucked in and was wrinkly. "Oh, found it!" said Ben in relief. He then stared at the clock. "Crap, I'm late!" Ms. Nekonome is SO gonna kill me! Or worse: use me as a scratching post! I hope it's not the latter, and that she just kills me."
It had been a while since Ben had come to attend Youkai Academy, Finding out it was a school of monsters didn't surprise him. He had faced various monsters, like Vilgax or Kevin Levin (when he was bad)as well as a myriad of villains, both from Earth and beyond Earth. He still came up on top...with a little help from Gwen, Kevin, Rook and Granpa Max.

They must miss having him around...

Ben didn't have time to reminisce when he realized he only had 5 minutes before the bell rang. So, after setting the Omnitrix to the alien he wanted to become, he slammed down his hand and in a flash of green light he'd changed. "XLR8!" he called before he ran out of his dorm room in a blur. He then came back. "Almost forgot!" He picked up his bag. "Now I'm set!" He then rushed right towards school and made it to the gate with only a minute to spare. He reverted to normal and with a sigh walked towards the main building.

Ben suddenly felt a presence but notice it was harmless and continued on and then headed to the school, hoping to meet his friends.
Nobody at home would believe his luck with girls here. Gwen wouldn't have believed it with her own eyes. And if those former bullies J.T. and Cash saw him, they'd be the envy with greed, much like the other guys on the Academy campus.

Speaking of luck with girls', a shadowed cute girl in a sweater and purple striped stockings with long purple hair peered at Ben from behind a tree and uttered, "Ben..." she whispered, as she smiled wistfully before retreating.

Afterwards that Day

Ben scratched his head as he walked out of the school building. He was relieved when he finally remembered that he'd purposely put his alarm clock 10 minutes early, so he was early and not late.

It had taken some time, effort, and one sleepless night, but the newest edition of the Youkai Academy school newspaper was ready to be distributed tomorrow. The actual handouts would be during the next day. Ben was just glad that the work was over and he could take a break from it for a moment.

The Newspaper club had been sending out editions since Gin managed to stay behaved. Having his butt handed to him by Ben and several VERY pissed-off girls finishing the job helped change his attitude. With everyone on board, the Newspaper Club managed to start making newspapers, much to Ms. Nekonome's delight.

"Well, hopefully, we'll do as well as we did before," Ben sighed to himself. Truthfully, he knew why they sold so many papers. Most of their customers were boys who wanted to talk to Moka or Kurumu. Chief among them were the three fanboys of doom.

As Ben continued walking, he didn't notice someone stepping out from behind a tree.