Chapter 24-Settling In

"Stick with us or you'll get lost," Lilynette said as they walked along down the hallways of Las Noches.

"No kidding," Ben grumbled as he looked around the seemingly endless hallway. "Do you guys have a directory or something for this place?"

"Nah," Lilynette said playfully. "We just know our way around."

"Lucky you," Ben muttered. "How far is your room anyway?"

Lilynette grinned at him. "Room? Each of the Espada gets their palace!"

Ben blinked. "Palace? Really?" He looked up at the ceiling. "Well, this place is pretty big. Kinda cool that you can each have your palace."

Starrk shrugged nonchalantly. "Yeah."

Lilynette glared at Starrk before sighing. "Good grief." She looked back over at Ben. "Don't mind, Starrk. He's a lazy bum but he deserves to be the Prime Espada."

Ben just smiled and shrugged at her.

"So," Lilynette eyed the Omnitrix. "How many aliens do you have in that thing?"

Ben grinned at her. "Plenty," he replied slyly. Lilynette scowled at him, though her young face made it look more like a pout.

"Come on!" she coaxed. "How many can you turn into?"

"Give it a rest, Lilynette," Starrk half-heartedly snapped at her.

"Oh come on, Starrk!" Lilynette whined. "I'm betting you're curious too."

"A little," Starrk admitted. "But it looks like he's not gonna tell us and it's too much work to try and get it out of him."

"You lazy ass!" Lilynette kicked Starrk in the back of his leg, causing him to stumble forward and fall over. Lilynette followed this up by jumping onto his back and continued doing so like he was a trampoline while Starrk protested.

Ben couldn't help raising a brow at the sight: the most powerful Arrancar and he was letting himself get kicked around by a little kid. Despite this, Ben had enough experience to know appearances can be deceiving. Still, he wondered just what Starrk was capable of to earn his rank.

After a few more jumps, Lilynette leaped off Starrk's back (said Arrancar let out a sigh of relief at this) and landed in front of Ben. The hero felt a bit uncomfortable with the scrutinizing gaze the little girl was giving him.

"What?" he asked with an awkward grin. "Do I have something on my face?"

"I'm trying to figure you out," Lilynette said, narrowing her eye at him.

"What do you mean?" Ben inquired.

"Humans usually can't see us because of their low spiritual energy," Lilynette said.

Ben tilted his head. "Spiritual energy?"

"Yeah, Shinigami, humans, Hollows, Arrancar, we've all got it," Lilynette said. "But as I said, spirit energy from humans is really low and they're not usually spiritually aware. So I'm wondering why you can see us."

Ben wanted to retort but he was too curious about Lilynette's words. So Shinigami, Hollows, and Arrancar were completely invisible to average humans? Then how was he able to see them exactly? ( Could this be due to his Alien half or Because of Lex, Who knows?)

Maybe it's because he's from another universe," Starrk said drowsily as he stayed on the floor, his eyes closed.

Lilynette glared at him. "How does that make any sense?!"

Starrk gave a half-hearted shrug. "Maybe there's something about the nature of his universe that lets him see us while he's in ours."

Lilynette made a face. "That sounds completely ridiculous, Starrk." She said dryly.