Chapter 30:Ultimate Heroes Part II

Once again, Ben found himself about to train with Tōsen. Both were back out in the courtyard, Ben waiting anxiously as Tōsen drew his zanpakuto. Off to the side, Lilynette was sitting down beside Harribel's Fraccion, who had received permission to watch from their leader and the Privaron Espada as Ben asked Aizen who allowed it.

"I believe you are finally ready to face my Bankai, Ben," Tōsen said once he had fully drawn his sword. Ben had a strong feeling that was what they would be going over and wondered what Tōsen was capable of. "You must remember that all Bankai is different but hopefully this will show you that once a Captain uses theirs, you must be prepared for anything."

Ben nodded as he activated his Omnitrix, scrolled to the alien he wanted, and slammed the dial down. In a flash of green light, he had changed into an alien that resembled a human-sized, red manta ray.

"What alien have you turned into now?" Tōsen inquired, the familiar noises easily indicating that Ben had transformed.

"I call this guy Jetray!" The alien declared in a raspy voice.

"Another fish guy?" Apacci asked, not particularly impressed by the alien's appearance. "Wonder what he can do."

"A new alien, hmm?" Tōsen mused. "Well, let us see how well you do with this one." He held his sword up with his right hand and placed his left upon the crossguard's ring. Jetray's eyes narrowed as the ring suddenly started spinning. As it spun, it started getting noticeably bigger. At first, it was as big as Tōsen's hand and then all of a sudden grew to be as big as Tōsen himself! "Bankai!" Tōsen declared. Suddenly the ring detached from Tōsen's zanpakuto and somehow managed to split itself into ten rings that encircled the Soul Reaper.

"Okay," Jetray muttered at the sight. "Not what I was expecting."

Instead of responding to the hero's quip, Tōsen slashed the air with his sword and the rings scattered. Jetray was about to attack, thinking the rings were coming at him, only to be confused when the rings instead formed a large perimeter around him. Jetray tensed, wondering what sort of attack they were going to do.

Suddenly something that could only be described as a dark void began to form within the rings before oozing out of each one like a giant blot of ink. Jetray watched in amazement as the darkness from each ring mixed, shaping into what seemed to be a giant black dome. And he was inside it.

...

Off to the side, Lilynette and the others watched as the giant dome was completed, the rings forming ropes that connected the dome to the ground.

"Now we can't see what's going on!" Lilynette whined in annoyance.

"So this is Tōsen's Bankai," Mila Rose said with narrowed eyes. "I wonder what it's capable of."

"And whether or not Ben has what it takes to overcome it," Sung-Sun added.

"Ben will," Lilynette said and the other girls were taken aback by the sheer amount of confidence in her voice. "I know he will."