Chapter 33-A day in Las Noches and Meeting Nel

Note, I am trying to combine the two versions will be hard but I will try my best.

After the battle with Baraggan, it was very clear to all the Arrancar within Las Noches to steer clear of Ben. Of course, that didn't stop Harribel and Starrk from taking extra precautions. Not only did Harribel and Starrk make sure that Ben was always accompanied by at least one of them outside of their rooms; Ben had taken to staying in his alien forms too. Diamondhead, Chromastone, NRG, Water Hazard; Ben picked his most durable aliens to make sure nobody could get the drop on him.

Fortunately, some of these drastic measures may not have been necessary. Ben was no longer harassed by the likes of Nnoitra, Grinko, or any other Arrancar that had some issue with him. Whatever Aizen had done seemed to work, much to Ben's relief. Starrk and Harribel did not wish to take a chance and Ben agreed with them. As for the Oasis, Aizen had whatever fruit seemed ripe enough to be harvested and put into storage to be used at a later time. Szayel had taken some so he could harvest the seeds to plant more; he also admitted that he wanted to study some of the plants and see if modifications could be made to improve them and in turn, improve the fruits.

"Perhaps we should expand upon the Oasis we already have first," He had told Ben earlier when the hero asked if he would have time to work on those conductors for another Oasis. "One cannot deny the benefits of these plants but at the same time, we have to make sure they don't grow out of control. Heh. The last thing we need is for Las Noches to have a weed problem on our hands."

Ben and Tosen sparred when possible and then Ben, in turn, would spar with Harribel's Fraccione. Their coordination was excellent and they seemed to be more trusting toward each other in the heat of battle, something that had not gone unnoticed by their leader. No, from a distance as Harribel watched something amazing happen. Her Fraccione almost butted heads but had each other's backs, in their way at least. Now any insult was a jest and taken in stride, the girls were now more willing to listen to each other's advice, congratulate and encourage each other; all because of this one human.

The changes didn't just happen in battle either, her Fraccione hadn't noticed but Harribel sure had. Before Ben Tennyson came along, when had any of her Fraccione smiled, not just triumphantly smirked, but smiled? The way their faces lit up whenever they played around with Ben after a hard training session, the bubbling laughter whenever he did something funny, the excitement when he told them how he had defeated his latest opponent. Even after they had become Arrancar and entered the relative safety of Las Noches, Harribel and her Fraccione were still focused on survival.

Aizen sat on his throne, thinking about the recent events that had occurred yesterday. Even he had not predicted the sudden arrival of Ben Tennyson and that was saying something. It was almost enough to make Aizen believe in providence. A boy with shape-shifting powers and no apparent knowledge of Hueco Mundo, Hollows, Arrancar, Shinigami, or Soul Society. How perfect was this?

While Aizen was still curious as to how Ben came to Hueco Mundo in the first place, he already saw potential in Ben the moment he saw him turn into XLR8. His interest only increased with each new form he saw Ben turn into.

"Hello, Aizen," Gin said as he walked into the throne room.

"Good evening, Gin," Aizen said. "What brings you here?"

"Just thought I'd tell you that little Ben is making everybody antsy."

Aizen smiled. "I believe Ben's been doing that ever since he first came here."

"True," Gin said with his grin. "But now that everybody knows what he can do, he's the talk of the town."

Aizen gave a light chuckle. "And he's far from the only one, isn't he?"