Chapter 10- Summer break

Ben is currently waiting at the bus stop, looking down at the only watch in the universe that isn't programmed to tell time. He was in his normal clothes for what felt like the first time in years! Now, with school out for summer break, Ben's home teacher had an idea of what to do for a vacation. She had decided to head off to a beach tag was pleasant and nice for them all.

'What's taking them so long?' Ben thought to himself.

"Hey, you!" Ben looked up to see Moka saying 'hi', but he stopped in his tracks once he saw her.

Moka was wearing a light-yellow dress with a white overshirt. Her smiling face and aquamarine eyes made her look amazing, also. "Your early, Ben. We weren't supposed to meet up for another half hour." Moka said, then she noticed Ben staring at her. "Oh, you must think I look a little silly, huh?" She asked, though she was blushing while she said it.
"No, not at all! Y-you, look amazing, really cute." Ben replied.

Moka blushed even deeper at that comment. "Aww, t-thank you, Ben. You think so?" She asked.

"I sure do. I guess those fanboys were right about something." Ben commented, blushing after he said it. Both friends were silent before they both giggled at each other's antics.

"I can't believe we're going to the beach. I'm so excited!" Moka spoke out excitedly. "Ya know, I am a bit nervous. Remember how I told you I used to go to school in the human world?" She asked, her voice dropping to a depressed tone.

"I remember. Hey, if you don't wanna do this, I can call it off." Ben offered to her, knowing what Moka was getting at. Her experience in the human world wasn't the best, he understood that. She was the odd one out cause she was a monster in a human school. He's the odd one out now cause he's somewhat human in a monster school.

NO! Uh, I mean, I'm indeed a little worried, but I'm also looking forward to it." Moka countered, leaning against her American friend, causing him to glow red.

"Don't worry, Moka. No matter what happens, I WILL protect you." Ben announced to her, looking At Moka.

"I... know you will," Moka answered, blushing and smiling. Both of them heard each other's heartbeat...

"Wait for me!" A voice yelled out, making the two look over.
They saw Yukari skipping down the path. Kurumu and Mizore were just behind her, as they approached, and when they saw Ben and Moka, their expressions changed.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Yukari demanded, her face puffing up angrily.

"So... who would like to explain?" Kurumu asked next.

"Can't leave them alone for a minute, can ya?" Mizore asked them.

Finally, the bus pulled up, with Miss Nekenome standing by the door, waving to them. "Hey, guys! This is the Newspaper Club's first trip to the Human World. You all ready to go?" She called to them.

Getting on the bus, they were off on their way to the Human World.

(Human World)

In a flash of multi-coloured lights; the Monster Bus ended up driving through a Japanese town. Dropping them off at a bus stop, the driver opened the bus doors. "Have fun. Be careful out there, ya never know what could happen... hehe."

~*~*~(Japanese Beach)

A little later, the group ended up near a beach and decided to relax here. Good thing, they packed some swimsuits, and at least they had no mermaids to deal with. Plus, Miss Nekenome opted for them to have some fun, whilst she headed off to... do some things, but Ben knew she was looking for fish.