Chapter 29-Ultimate Heroes

Ben was currently sitting on his bed, wearing his regular clothes while the white uniform was in a neatly folded pile beside the bed, staring up at the ceiling and bored out of his mind ever since Lilynette and Starrk had left. He wished there was some way for him to pass the time, preferably a video game or some comic books.

"Lord Aizen wants to start increasing your training," Starrk told him. "As well as try to recruit some more Hollows."

That caught Ben's interest twofold. Increasing his training? Recruiting more Hollows? Ben wondered if this meant he was going to see Tosen, Gin, or Aizen's Bankai. Come to think of it, he had never even seen Aizen's Shikai yet. Ben wondered what he could do.

Ben, Lilynette, and Starrk were surprised when Uriel entered their room.

"What are you doing here, Uriel?" Starrk asked.

"Lord Aizen has sent me to search for any Vasto Lorde available for recruitment," the Fourth Espada answered. "He would like for Ben to accompany me."

All three's eyes widened. "Me?" Ben asked. "I mean, not that I mind but what about my training?"

"Lord Aizen said you will resume training after this search," Uriel explained. "He requested that you accompany me both to see more of your capabilities and so that you may have a better understanding of the existence of Hollows."

Ben couldn't help thinking something was off about this whole thing. He could argue against it but he knew that it would only make him appear more suspicious. "Alright," he relented. "Do we head out right now?"

"That would be ideal," Uriel stated matter-of-factly.

Ben looked over at Starrk and Lilynette. The former simply rubbed his head while Lilynette shrugged at him with uncertainty. Ben looked over at Uriel. "Alright, let's go."

Soon Uriel and Ben were outside of Las Noches once more. Ben was honestly feeling like he was being shoved from one place to another without really accomplishing anything. It was becoming tedious. He chuckled inwardly. Tedious? Now there was a word Ben never thought he would use.

"I've been meaning to ask," Ben said as he and Uriel departed from Las Noches. "Is there anything out here aside from sand?"

"Yes," Uriel said. "What you see before you are only a small part of Hueco Mundo. There are several other locations, but only a select few such as the Forest of Menos, have names."

"Are there any Vasto Lorde in the Forest of Menos?" Ben asked.

"No," Uriel stated. "The majority of the Hollows there are Gillians and Adjucha, the stages before a Vasto Lorde."

"Do Vasto Lorde have a specific place like that?"

"No," Uriel said again. "Because very few Hollows manage to evolve into them, Vasto Lorde are rare and more or less scattered across Hueco Mundo. Some live among each other, others by themselves, or they may mingle among weaker Hollows. However, Lord Aizen did tell me of one possible location to start looking."

"At least that makes things easier," Ben said with a shrug. "Think they'll attack us?"

"That is always a possibility," Uriel admitted. "Aside from being territorial, Hollows will not hesitate to feed on anyone that can increase their power or because of some petty enjoyment through eating human souls."

"Thanks for making me feel better," Ben said sarcastically.

"Whether or not you feel better is unimportant," Uriel told him. "Lord Aizen gave us a task and we will do what he asked of us."