Chapter 44 "Midnight Meets Celeste"

"I'm so sorry Y/n.
I wanted to tell you about having a counterpart but since she hadn't appeared yet I didn't want to alarm you about it.
It seems that you already learned all about them now."
Celestia said as she looked away a bit to avoid eye contact.

"I do know about them now Mum.
Thanks for not really telling me about them beforehand.
I would have freaked out."

"Y/n, could you forgive me for not having told you about them?"

"Of course mum. How could I not?"

"Aww how lovely!
Not.
Both of you, stop being so heartwarming."

"Yeah."

"AHHHHHHH!
WHO THE HELL IS THAT?!?"

"Since when is anything heartwarming for Midnight anyways.
I doubt she even has a heart."
Y/n said with a smirk.

*Snickering*

"Is your name Midnight?"

"Yeah now who the fuck are you?!?"

"I am Celeste, counterpart of your mum."

"My mum?
Ohhhhh
You mean Y/n's mum."

"Yeah. Idiot."

"I think we should give them some time to talk. In the meantime though mum, how about my new friends?"
Y/n said as she grabbed Clay's hand and dragged him to a gaming room they had.

"Sure dear but wait up!"
Celestia said as she and Nick ran to try and catch up.

Meanwhile, with Amelia and Nightmare,

"Ugh.
Class is so boring when this happens."

"And here I thought you would like the fact that you don't have to do anything."

"Well, think about it, no wifi, no video games because the pc is at home, and everyone screaming and running around like wild animals."

"It's entertaining though."

"For you maybe.
It hurts my ears and if I'm going to come here to school, I'm going to learn not just sit there the whole time."

"You have a point."

"Exactly."

"Now that you mention it, it's really annoying when they screech and run around for no reason like 6 year olds."

"You would think that since they are around 16 to 18 that they wouldn't act like this but nope."

"I don't think I would have ever noticed how annoying they are if you didn't mention it."

"Oh.
Sorry if I ruined anything about that."

"No no, it's fine.
I just see why Clay hates me so much sometimes.
I cause chaos like this and this chaos is annoying me now."

"Ah, so you just understand him in that sense now."

"I guess you could phrase it like that.
How many more years are you going to put up with this anyways?"

"I was thinking to drop out at 18.
There are a few shops around here that I can work at."

"Well atleast you have a bit of a plan for when you drop out."

"Yeah. I just don't feel like doing school when it's either doing nothing or entirely stressful.
I think I just have bad luck with school."

"I'm sure it happens to others too, not just you.
I know Y/n would not like it buuuuut,
Do you want me to put an end to their screeches and stuff?
You guys aren't doing anything anyways."

"Sure. I don't mind.
Y/n understands this. It was almost the same for her."

"Well then, I will scare everyone and then we can just leave. How about it?"

"Let's do it."

"Alright."
Nightmare said as he got off Amelia's desk and stretched before making his way to the teacher.

He did the usual scratching on the ceiling and flickering the lights, ending up with the same outcome as before, everyone screaming and running out the door, leaving the both of them in the classroom.

Amelia took her time putting her books away and walked out the classroom, accompanied by Nightmare who talked with her the whole time they left the school.

"Well Nightmare, we are almost home and Y/n might be pissed as well as my mum."

"Don't worry about it, I will back you up. I did what would anger the hell out of Y/n, so it's not your fault or anything.
You can just say that you went along with it but that it was my idea."

"Thanks. Even if it actually was your idea to begin with."

"Yeah yeah.
Let's just go inside shall we? We are already at the door."
Nightmare said as he entered the house.

"Ladies first."
Amelia said as soon as he went inside.

When they both walked in, it was silent. Completely silent.
Until, they heard a loud yell that sounded like Clay in pain or agony.

They both looked at eachother and then ran into the room where they heard the yell come from.

When Amelia and Nightmare burst into the room to see what caused Clay to yell so loudly, they were met with a weird and confusing sight.