25

"Merlin, can I speak with you?" Elizabeth asked her when she walked back into the inn. She was with Escanor and Gowther. Elizabeth eyed Meliodas carefully, who was laughing with Ban, Hawk, and Diane. King was wary of him even moreso now than before and kept his distance. "Of course, Princess," she agreed, following her gaze. They walked a good distance from the inn before Elizabeth spoke again. "Ali and Zeldris have gone to stay in a cave near Corand. She said the only way we can help Sir Meliodas now is to restore his emotions. She suggested I ask you for ideas," her voice was soft but determined. Merlin nodded, "I was afraid something like this would happen once he was revived. If Zeldris wasn't around, I don't think he'd behave this way but whatever happened between the two of them over her 3,000 years ago is stuck in his mind. He's determined to beat his brother this time."

Merlin thought about it a little longer, "His emotions are in Purgatory. No one can survive there, it's designed to kill any living being who enters and erodes the dead's souls so they wander as monsters for eternity. Only someone foolish and immortal would-" She paused. "Ban?" Elizabeth spoke for her. Merlin nodded, "If he's willing. But, the problem is finding a way to get to Purgatory."

Zel and I flew quickly, I wanted to forget everything that had happened last night and this morning. "I hope he doesn't come after us," I told him as we landed at the base of the waterfall. "After what just went down, I think he'll wait so he doesn't make his friends more suspicious," he commented. We sat on the edge of the river bank, dangling our feet in the water. I scooted closer to Zel and laid my head on his shoulder, "Thank you for always being you," I murmured. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me onto his lap. I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his shoulders in fear I'd fall into the water, my eyes widened. He chuckled at me, "I'm not gonna let you fall," he whispered then kissed my lips sweetly.

"You're amazing, Zel. I don't know how I survived the last 3,000 years without you," I whispered back to him, kissing him a little more lustfully. He smiled through the kiss as I pressed my body closer to his. We made out for a while, enjoying the feel and taste of each other before I decided I wanted more. I kissed his neck softly, "Please fuck me, I need to feel you inside me right now," I breathed in his ear, making his breath hitch in his throat. He fiddled with his pants, moved my shorts to the side, and slipped his cock inside me. "You feel incredible," I whispered, my forehead resting on his. He bounced me on top of him, holding onto my hips, and kissed my neck softly. "I'm gonna protect you and take care of you, always," he whispered, giving me sweet pecks on my lips. He fucked me steadily, until he felt me start to shake, nearing orgasm. "Bite me," he ordered, kissing my neck and chest. I did as he commanded, my body trembled as I came again for the millionth time in two days. He groaned as he came inside me, loving the way my pussy squeezed him.

"I'm exhausted," I murmured, making him chuckle. "We could take a nap?" he suggested to which I nodded, so we braved going through the cold water of the waterfall to sleep in the cave. He sat with his back against the wall, laying his shoulder against a boulder and pulled me into his lap. I smiled up at him, "Feels like just yesterday we slept like this that day we met." He smiled back, wishing life hadn't gotten so much more complicated since then. I put my hand on his cheek, "I love you. We can't change anything that's happened so let's just look forward and enjoy the present." I drifted off to sleep quickly, snuggling into his warm body.

Zel and I spent awhile around the cave, trying to ignore what else was going on in the world. I was anxious constantly, waiting for the day the Sins would inevitably come to find us to go to Camelot and I'd have to face Meliodas again. I was laying in the grass watching the clouds go by when I felt his presence heading towards us. Zeldris was immediately next to me, putting an arm around me. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Hawk's Mom in the sky, meaning it wasn't him alone. Zel and I spread our wings and flew over to meet them. Meliodas was outside, smirking at the two of us. "We're heading to Corand, there's a dimensional distortion preventing us from entering Camelot," Merlin explained, coming outside. I nodded as Meliodas approached us, "Hey Ali! Zel! Glad you're coming with us," his voice was cheerful but his eyes...it was the same cold look the first time I ever saw him.