56

I was about to pop anytime and Amaimon's first birthday was tomorrow. Meliodas had taken Tristan back to Britannia after about a week or so in the demon realm, then returned and had been in the realm since. We weren't sure whether he'd decided to suddenly stop being the King of Liones or what and we didn't ask. Zeldris was cordial but wasn't interested in spending time with his brother. Iseldis was flourishing, she and Niya were the best of friends and Azriel doted on her. Xena saw her as a little sister and was happy to have another full vampire in the castle again. Meliodas and I had picked out a name for the baby but were keeping it a secret until he was born. Merlin had checked in a couple times to see how Iseldis was doing, and likely to check on Meliodas for Elizabeth.

She was visiting today to bring more pills and came to check on me, "How are you feeling?" she asked. I sighed heavily, "This baby is going to kill me, I just want him out. Leave it to Meliodas' kid to be the worst pregnancy. And I love Maimai but he's gotten needier for only me so I can hardly put him down or have anyone else hold him without him being upset." She smirked, annoying me. "Oh wipe that smirk off your face! Yes I know getting knocked up so soon after having Maimai is partly my fault but it doesn't mean I can't complain about it!" I frowned at her, then sighed. "Merlin...we haven't asked him but...is Meliodas staying here permanently? He hasn't mentioned going back once since he got back from taking Tristan home...did he step down as King of Liones?" I asked her.

She looked over at Meliodas, who was chatting with Azriel, "I'm not sure. Big Sis Sis wouldn't say but the way she acted...I'm not sure he plans on going back to Britannia for awhile." I nodded, "I figured as much. He's been very excited about this baby, and attentive much to Zel's chagrin. Nothing inappropriate, just trying to coddle me like his brother." She nodded, "I should be getting back now. Tell Meliodas that Tristan said hello." Then she disappeared. "Maimai, will you let Momma put you down for two seconds so I can go to the bathroom?" He looked at me with wide eyes, I'd never get over his two different colored eyes.

"Zel, take him for me, please," I asked my lover, he was talking with Xena about birthday party plans for Amaimon

"Zel, take him for me, please," I asked my lover, he was talking with Xena about birthday party plans for Amaimon. He grinned and picked his son up from my arms, who immediately started squirming. "Amai, come on! Let's see if you like icing," he chuckled, taking his baby over to the kitchen. Meliodas helped me stand up, "Mel, I can stand up by myself. I'm not ancient I'm just pregnant," I grumbled, irritated. "You're not just pregnant you're 9 months pregnant so I'd rather you not hurt yourself," he commented as he followed me, making me huff. "Deal with it, you could go into labor anytime. You've been around Zel too long, so stubborn," he giggled. Despite me being cranky, Meliodas and I had gotten close again, minus the sex. It was nice having him there, I had missed him more than I realized. It had taken the servants a long time to get used to him not being like he used to though, believing he could snap on them at anytime. "You're not coming into the bathroom with me," I growled, shutting the door in his face.

After I finished, I stared at myself in the mirror. I was about to have four children, one of which was only a year old and I was not ready. I put my hands on my belly and smiled, "I hope you're a happy and healthy baby," I cooed to my tummy. He'd been so active since we'd gone to Britannia 3 months ago and even more so when he could hear Meliodas, like he knew that was his Dad and not Zeldris. I started to walk back to the door when I felt a large painful cramp. "Damn it," I groaned, this little shit was going to crash his brother's birthday party. "Mel! He's coming!" I yelled to him outside the door. He basically broke the door down and picked me up bridal style without saying a word, carrying me to a nearby bed. "Zel! Baby coming, now!" I screamed in my head as another contraction came. He was in the room in no time, poor Xena trailing behind him.