16

Meliodas was becoming increasingly agitated from the conversation he had with me. "Will she come back, Captain?" Merlin asked him. Elizabeth, Diane, Hawk, and Slader were gathered around behind her. "No. She won't leave his side," he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists before relaxing them, feeling defeated. "I told her we'd be enemies the next time we see each other," his voice was sad. "Captain, I'm sure there's something we can do to get her to come
back. Maybe she can even persuade your brother to-" Diane started to suggest. "He won't. I destroyed his world then tried to steal the most important part of it from him. He won't stop until one of us is dead," Meliodas argued quietly, emotionlessly.

Zel and I flew towards one of the villages I had mentioned. There were tons of people outside and many saw us flying. I didn't consider myself particularly intimidating but Zeldris was. As soon as they turned their cheek to him to run, they lost thanks to his Commandment. Very similar to my own vampiric power to enslave people but on a grander scale. I watched and waited as he replenished some of his magic. It looked pretty silly to be honest, making me giggle, but this was the quickest way if his hearts were dead set on taking over Britannia soon. "What's so funny?" he asked with a grin. "Souls just look silly when you eat them, that's all," I shrugged. "Do you want to try one?" he offered. "Umm, can I even eat one?" I was genuinely curious. He shrugged, "Why not?"

I hesitantly took it from his hand before shoving it in my mouth, it was cold going down but then the feeling of a small explosion of energy and power burst in my body. "That was weird. You can have the rest," I commented, after the feeling went away. He chuckled at me, "Says the one who drinks blood." I gave him an over-exaggerated bewildered look, "Have you ever tried it? It's delicious!" He gave me a side-eyed expression, "Hard pass." I pulled a bottom eyelid down and stuck my tongue out at him, making him giggle in response. I missed this so much. Just being silly and hanging out. "How are you feeling now?" I asked after he finished the last soul. "Better, not enough to fully restore my magic but better than nothing," he replied.

"Well there are a couple more villages nearby we can go to, if you'd like?" I smiled, grabbing onto his arm. He smiled in response, "Sure. Let's walk though, I'll get to spend more time alone with you that way." I giggled, poking his ribs, "You're gonna be a great Demon King one day, you're fantastic in a leadership role!" He blushed, "Thanks, Ali. You'll be a great Demon Queen with me!" It was my turn to blush, I guess I never thought about that. Then I had another thought, "Wait...do I have to produce an heir for you?!" Both of our faces were on fire now. "How about we talk about something else?" he rubbed the back of his head, "Where are all the giants and fairies, anyway? I've only seen humans since we've returned."

"After the war, the humans took over Britannia. The fairies are in the Fairy King's forest. I think there are giant villages around but I've never gone to any of them," I answered. We walked for a little while, chatting about Britannia and memories we'd made before the war. The next village was a little larger than the last, they had a tavern so while Zel ate some souls I gathered some booze to take back with us. "This is all I could carry," I admitted, carrying a ridiculous amount of bottles in my arms. He rolled his eyes at me but was smiling, taking a majority of the bottles from my arms. "Ready to go back now?" he asked. I nodded so we headed back to Edinburgh, I was trying my best not to drop any of the bottles of alcohol.

"We've returned with goodies!" I exclaimed cheerfully, placing the booze down carefully next to the pile Zeldris had already put down. "Zeldris, why did you keep her hidden away from us all this time? She's a delight!" Galand exclaimed, already getting drunk. He rolled his eyes and grabbed a bottle for himself. I downed half a bottle immediately, grabbed another, then went and sat in Zel's lap. "The booze in Britannia has gotten a lot better over the years," I commented. He chuckled, "Are you going to drink all of it yourself?" He chugged the other half of the bottle I'd drank from. "Hey!" I pouted, "Get your own!" Zel tickled my waist making me yelp and giggle, allowing him to snatch my other bottle. "Noooooo!" I whined. He drank half of it then handed it back. "You don't need all of it, you're a lightweight," he explained, tickling me again.