35

-2 months later-
My eyes sprung open, it was early morning, no light was coming in the windows. I tapped Zeldris' arm on my stomach, "Zel...I think it's time!" He woke up groggy, unsure what was happening. "Zel! The baby's coming, like now!" I exclaimed, raising my voice. What I said finally clicked and he was wide awake, jumping out of bed. "I'll get Xena!" he yelled, already down the hallway. I screamed, contractions were no goddamn joke. I'd taken a light spear to the chest and spent two years getting my ass kicked by Meliodas and this was still worse. Zel was back in a flash next to me, helping me lay in a better position. He held my hand and pushed my hair out of my face, rubbing his thumb on my forehead. "I'm here, you can do this," he assured me.

Another contraction came as Xena ran in with some supplies and a couple other female servants. I squeezed Zel's hand with everything I had and glared at him, "This is all your fault!" Xena snickered to herself, never having seen her king have a look on his face like he had right now.  "Alright, Ali! Let's get this baby out of you!" she exclaimed, cheerful and determined. The labor lasted for hours but it felt like days to me, I was in so much pain. Finally, I felt relief and one of the maids handed me a little black haired baby boy, with red eyes. He looked like Zeldris' exact copy, with my color eyes and skin. I smiled down at him, "It's nice to meet you, little Azriel." Zel couldn't stop smiling, he kissed my forehead and looked at his son with tears in his eyes. I made a face, "Zel, take him," I handed Azriel to him before another contraction came. He looked at Xena, confused.

She was grinning, "I knew it! Vitanni you owe me a drink!" she announced to the other servants in the room. Zeldris continued looking confused and concerned as he held his son in his arms, unsure what else to do. "One more big push, Ali!" Xena encouraged me. I was exhausted and laid back after I finally felt some sort of relief again, when I heard another baby crying. I looked at Zel, Azriel was sleeping in his arms. Twins?! Vitanni handed me another baby, white haired with green eyes, a girl. "Congrats, momma," she said softly. I started crying again, she was so beautiful, "Welcome to the world, Niya." Zel's mouth was hanging open, making me giggle. "Come meet your daughter," I called to him, voice tired. I handed her to him and smiled at the sight of the man I loved more than anything holding both our children in his arms, tears falling down his cheeks.

After Xena made sure the babies and I were okay, the servants left our little family alone for awhile. "I'll be in the next room if you need anything," she offered quietly before closing our door.

"Twins?!" Zel exclaimed, sitting in bed next to me as he held Niya, Azriel in my arms

"Twins?!" Zel exclaimed, sitting in bed next to me as he held Niya, Azriel in my arms. I shrugged, feeling sleepy, "It'll be okay, we have Xena and the others to help," I reassured him. "They're both so perfect," he murmured, making me smile. "Azriel is your mini me, he even has the exact same gravity defying hair," I commented lovingly. He grinned, "But he has your eyes. But where did white hair come from?" he asked, looking at Niya. I smiled, "You've obviously forgotten, but my father had white hair." He hummed in acknowledgment, "Well, there's no way anyone will argue Azriel's mine," he added with a grin. Then he sighed, "And Niya is just as beautiful as her mother." I gave him a soft kiss on his lips, "I didn't think there was room in my heart to love anything else besides you until I saw their little faces." He grinned at me, taking Azriel out of my arms, "Get some sleep. You just went through hell, I'll hang out with these two." He didn't have to tell me twice, I was exhausted.