28

Darkness swirled around Zeldris, then a vortex started sucking in the group. "What is this?!" Ludociel yelled. "Zel's original magic," I answered right before they were hit with an unseen attack, sending them flying into the walls. "He didn't move, what is happening?" Ludociel was frustrated as they got sucked in again and sent flying. Merlin started teleporting her, Gil, and Hendy rapidly to avoid being sucked in. Escanor dug his legs into the ground and Ludociel held onto rubble. Merlin started explaining the parts of Zel's Ominous Nebula when Ludociel tried giving Escanor a plan but he refused to take orders from him until Merlin stepped in.

They tried to tag team Zel by disrupting his view, assuming he needed to time it correctly like Meliodas' Full Counter, but they were knocked back again. "This is wasting time. I'll have to start taking this seriously," Zeldris commented, annoyed. I smirked and looked at him with pride, he was amazing. Ludociel was bewildered, making me giggle. "It must be killing you that a demon is better than you, Archangel," I commented, provoking him. Zel changed his stance and the mark on his forehead moved to the middle, causing the force of the vortex to double. Merlin started to get pulled in and couldn't teleport away, "I'll take you down first, to get the Commandment of Faith." Merlin was thrown back, but Escanor shielded the attack for her. He then noticed she was injured, enraging him.

He shot off miniature suns everywhere, "Oh shit!" I yelled, getting hit by one. I was blown back, slamming into the cocoon, causing me to cough up blood. I fell to the ground and noticed Cusack and Chandler had also been hit. "Ali!" I heard Zel call out to me, concern in his voice. "I'm fine Zel, don't worry about me right now and focus!" I yelled out, coughing some more. Thank god I was a vampire and could regenerate quickly, and I was relieved Zeldris was okay considering I saw the ceiling fall on him. I was also thankful for the rubble between Zel and I so I didn't accidentally get pulled into his darkness whirlpool. I vaguely heard Merlin call his Ominous Nebula, Full React, which was a pretty good explanation. Ludociel was pissed and I heard him yell about how a demon could never understand sacrificing love and friendship.

This pissed me off so I made a concentrated ball of darkness in my hand, throwing it like a grenade at the direction of his voice. "How dare you! Demons love and have friends just the same as you, you fucking bastard!" I shouted, coughing a little. He fired a beam of light energy from where I threw the ball of darkness, destroying the rubble keeping me from being sucked in by Zeldris, then he willingly let himself be pulled in. His hope was that Zeldris wouldn't notice me being pulled in behind him so he'd injure me as well. I dug my fingers into the crack of the cement, trying my hardest to not get caught by it, but I was slipping. "Don't stop, but I'm about to be caught in your magic. I'll be fine, just focus on stopping them." I tried to keep my voice firm in my mind, but I was fearful. Not for myself, for him if he were to drop it. With Chandler and Cusack nowhere to be found and me about to be hit, he was the last one. "Ali, no, I won't-" he started but I interrupted, "Chandler and Cusack are MIA. Please, Zel. You're going to be the best bet to stop them!"

I let go right after I finished my thought, I was close enough to him and the attraction so strong that he didn't have time to drop it before I was blown back. "Fuck," I choked out, it really hurt. I flew through one of the walls, I wasn't even sure how far I'd been knocked back. "Ali...I'm so sorry..." his voice cracked in his head, I knew he was tormenting himself now but he was our last shot. I blacked out as soon as I landed.

--Dream--
"Meliodas?" I called out as he walked past me, about to leave the training room. "What?" I couldn't tell if he was annoyed with me, his voice was always the same. "I know I asked you already...but are you okay? I...I feel like you want to say things but you keep them to yourself. Or like you're struggling with something...You don't have to deal with it alone. I'm here for you. Zel's here for you, too." I spoke softly as I approached him, stopping in front of him, probably a little too close.