44

"This is getting weirder by the minute, Zel," I murmured, looking at the shrine these humans had built. "Agreed. I'm starting to wonder if I should've killed that human instead," he replied quietly. "Is this where you met, Daddy?" Niya asked, looking up at him. "It is, Nini. Your Momma was clumsy and didn't look where she was running. She ran into me twice, right in this little clearing," he told her, chuckling afterward. It'd been so long ago, but it felt like yesterday, especially looking into his daughter's face who looked just like me as a child. Azriel was looking at the shrine with curiosity, "What is this for, Momma?" I grabbed his wrist to prevent him from touching it.

"The humans like to worship the goddess clan as their protectors or for guidance. That man's family worships the demon and vampire clans, which is very strange for humans. This is a shrine they built, humans use them for prayer or making offerings to those they worship," I explained to him, noticing there were little figurines someone had carved into stone at the base of the shrine. "Zel. Look," I pointed to the seven little figurines on the shrine. "These are clearly you and I, these two are Azy and Niya...does someone in this family have Vision? Like the former King of Liones?" I questioned aloud. He hummed as he looked at them closer and stopped when he saw exactly which of the ones I was talking about.

"Momma, who's this?" Azriel pointed to the fifth, smallest figurine next to the two that were he and Niya. "Oh...well, Mom and Dad have news for the two of you," I started, they looked at me expectantly. "Mom is gonna have another baby in about half a year...from the looks of this little figurine, it'll be a baby brother," I told them, trying to be cheerful despite how freaky this was. "A baby brother?!" they shouted excitedly. "Well that's a relief. I was worried you two would be upset," Zel chuckled, hugging the both of them tightly against his chest and tickling them, they giggled wildly. "You're silly, Daddy," Niya squealed. Once he released them, they hugged onto me, "We can't wait to meet him, Momma!" Azriel exclaimed. I smiled at them, kissing each of the top of their heads, "I'm glad you're excited."

I looked down at the other two figures. My family of figures was huddled together, with the figurine of me and the smallest to the outermost, closest to the other two. "Zel...is that who I think it is?" I pointed to the two that were separated. He groaned, "I think so. But why?" All four of us were startled when we heard a twig snap in the trees behind us, we whipped around, the three of them with black eyes. Azriel's now had red goddess symbols within the black. Zel had his sword out with darkness on the blade, Niya had hellblaze in her hand, and Azriel and I had red light energy in ours. An older man and the one from earlier walked out with their hands up in surrender. "We didn't mean to startle you, but this display of power is magnificent! We are truly blessed to have witnessed it!" the older man exclaimed.

"I thought I told you to leave my family be," Zeldris growled, his demon mark growing larger as it moved to the center of his forehead. He stepped closer to them, "Leave or die." The older man grinned, "Bertol, you didn't exaggerate. The Demon King's malice is truly terrifying!" He knelt in front of Zeldris, the younger man following. "Please forgive us, my king. My son insisted I come to confirm what he saw. When we saw you examining the shrine, we wanted to explain the figurines," he explained. I walked towards them, past Zel who protested, and looked down at them. "Who of you has the power of Vision?" I asked bluntly. "Lady Aleister, it's an honor to meet you," he said, "My great-grandfather had visions of your family and my granddaughter seems to have inherited it. She recently foretold of your two youngest sons. They are-"

"Two? You mean I'll have twins again?" I asked him. They looked at Zeldris as if to ask whether they could stand and explain further. "Stand," was all he said, he'd moved closer to me, still defensive. Azriel and Niya were right behind him, peering around. "My daughter saw two boys...but they were not twins. The father of the second is another demon...not Lord Zeldris here..." the younger man answered quietly, trailing off and avoiding looking at Zel. My heart was pounding, we both obviously knew who the other father would be. "We don't know who the other demon is but my daughter felt terribly ill after seeing him in her vision. She said his presence was so sinister, her blood felt like it had frozen in her veins," he continued, shivering at the thought.