30

King looked at Elizabeth, "Did you know Ali was a fighter thanks to the Captain?" She nodded, "She's much more dangerous than she lets on. Not quite as powerful as Meliodas or Zeldris, but just as skilled thanks to the daily training she received from them." Elizabeth and Diane suddenly felt a strange aura in front of them, heading towards Camelot. They, along with Mael, soon realized it was the four Commandments Estarossa had tried to take in heading towards Meliodas. "Why would Ali help Meliodas become the Demon King, Elizabeth?" Mael asked. "She likely feels guilty. Meliodas left the demon realm...not because of me like he told you all...but because of her. He loved her, but she loved Zeldris and he didn't want to come between them or watch her be with his brother. It was only afterward that Meliodas and I fell in love. We were cursed for it, but ultimately Ali blames herself. He thinks he can break our curses if he attains power equal to the Demon King, so she's helping him achieve that," Elizabeth explained.

"Elizabeth..." Diane had tears in her eyes, "Do you not hate Ali for being with the Captain all this time when you weren't around? And then when you were around! She tried to take him from you!" Elizabeth had a sad smile on her face, "I don't. I think she loved him as well before he left. She just didn't realize it until Zeldris had been sealed. I still love him, of course, but if he chooses to be with her...I just want him to be happy."

--Camelot--
The four Commandments had reached us, flying into Meliodas' cocoon along with Melascula's from the test tube in Merlin's pocket. "Witness the birth of the new Demon King!" the Original Demon announced. I suddenly felt a massive wave of nausea and anxiety come over me, "Zel, something's not right...I think this was a mistake," I whispered to him as I looked at the cocoon. "What makes you say that?" he asked, his head tilted in confusion. "I don't know...it just...there's something not right with Meliodas right now. It doesn't...it doesn't feel like him anymore. And I don't think it's because of the Commandments. There's something else..." I murmured. He sighed, "It's too late to do anything now. We'll just have to hope for the best." I nodded, "Should we help the Sins when they arrive then?" He was conflicted, "I don't know. This is what he wanted but...if you think something's wrong then we should stop him, right?" I was also conflicted, if Meliodas were to be the Demon King, Zel and I wouldn't have to worry about their father disallowing our relationship. But at the same time, if he were to become the new Demon King and wanted me to be his queen, there was nothing Zel or I could do to stop that either. Elizabeth would also die if he didn't, and I couldn't let that happen. It was my fault they had been cursed and I couldn't let the chance slip by that he may be able to break their curses.

"No. We should keep with the original plan. Meliodas becomes the new Demon King so he can break his and Elizabeth's curses. We can deal with whatever might happen afterward..." I trailed off, trying to sound sure of myself but I could tell by the look on his face he knew I was still wavering. "Alright. Then let's stop them," he agreed anyway. Merlin started to chant something and a giant clock appeared. "She's trying to suspend the cocoon in time with Chrono Coffin!" the Original Demon exclaimed. "Stop her!" Zel shouted. He and the demon went to attack but King's Chastiefol and Escanor blocked them. I was about to help when I was hit through the chest with a large amount of light energy in the form of a spear, forcing me to drop to my knees. Even being half-goddess, light energy was extremely painful due to my vampiric nature. I coughed, lifting my head to look at Ludociel, "Bast...ard...!"

He smirked at me, "I don't care if you are half-goddess, I can't let you live. I can't risk the birth of a goddess-demon hybrid, it's disgusting to think about. Even if I'm killed, at least I'd have taken you and your bastard child out." I looked at him confused. I tried to pull the spear out of my chest but was failing, it seemed to be growing more powerful. I dropped down to one hand to support myself, coughing up blood. "Wh-what are y-you tal-talking a-bout?" I gasped out. The pain was excruciating, even more so than the first beating I'd ever taken from training with Meliodas. "You haven't even realized it, have you? The life growing inside you? The monstrosity more like it," he spat at me. Unfortunately for him, Zeldris heard what he'd said and flew down, kicking him in the chest and taking him by surprise.