51

I gave Amaimon to Niya and knelt next to Azriel who was holding his Dad against him, "Zel! What the hell just happened? Did you see anything, Azy?" I was trying to keep myself calm but it was hard, I wasn't used to being on this end of injury. It was always me passing out and Zel taking care of me, I didn't know what to do. "Ali! What happened?" Meliodas was at my side on the ground. "I don't know, Mel! He was fine then he told me to take Maimai and passed out. Azy caught him but I don't know what's happening!" my hands were trembling, tears flowing down my cheeks. "He pricked his finger on Maimai's tooth right before, would that have anything to do with it?" Azriel piped up, wracking his brain for what just happened in the last five minutes.

Meliodas and I looked at Merlin who was watching behind us. She knelt down next to us and examined Zeldris, "You said he pricked his finger on the baby's tooth?" Azriel nodded. Merlin grabbed his hand to examine. "Meliodas," she indicated for him to touch his brother's hand. "He's cold...like...Ali cold," he muttered. "...What? Is he okay?! Please Merlin, please tell me he's okay!" I was becoming hysterical, I couldn't do this alone, he couldn't leave me. Meliodas wrapped his arms around me tightly, "Ali, please. Calm down. Let Merlin do her thing, he's gonna be okay. We'll figure this out." Merlin stared at Zeldris for a moment then continued to examine him, using magic over his body doing whatever she does then touched his skin in various places. She lifted his eyelids and looked in his mouth, then hummed. "Azriel, give me one of the pills you take," she murmured. "What? Why?" Meliodas and I asked simultaneously.

Azriel handed her one, she crushed it up and put it on Zeldris' tongue then waited. Some color started to return to his face, she hummed again. "Do you want to explain, Merlin?" Meliodas asked, rubbing my arms as I started to finally relax seeing Zel's complexion return. "I think...that Amaimon may have just turned Zeldris..." she pondered quietly. "WHAT?!" the rest of us yelled. "How can that be?! He's a demon! That shouldn't be possible!!" I stuttered out. She hummed in agreement, "It shouldn't but there's never been children like yours. You're the only half-vampire/half-goddess and you had children with a high-ranked demon. All of this is unprecedented." I looked at Azriel horrified, "But...Azy didn't when he drank his blood a couple years ago! What makes Maimai different?!" She shook her head, "I'm not sure. But if Amaimon can turn demons like I think he just did...this is a lot more dangerous than I thought." I looked at my happy baby giggling in his sister's arms.

"You're sure?" I asked her. "See for yourself," she encouraged, lifting one of his eyelids to show his naturally green eye was now red like his son's and lifting his lip to show the fangs in his mouth. Now I felt like I was going to pass out, "I think I'm going to be sick..." I tried to stand up quickly but I fell, Meliodas caught me, "Easy, Ali! He's gonna be okay...just gonna need a little blood here and there probably." I heard coughing and turned to see Zeldris had regained consciousness, "Zel!" I exclaimed, jumping on him. "What the hell just happened?" he asked, holding his head. "Uhm...well...now Azriel really does look like a direct copy of you," I commented. He furrowed his brows at me and tilted his head. Merlin made a mirror appear in her hand and handed it to me to show him. He looked at himself for a couple seconds then his eyes widened, showing his teeth to himself.

He shot a look at me then at Amaimon. "How is this possible?!" he exclaimed. We all shrugged at him, "Your guess is as good as ours, Zel. We're in uncharted territory with our kids, they're one of a kind and we have no idea what powers they'll have," I explained. "Is it permanent?" he asked. I chuckled, "We don't know, Zel. But with how instantaneous it was from just a finger prick...I'm worried about having him around non-vampires until he's old enough to control himself. Also, now that I think about it, if that just happened..." I stood up and took Amaimon from Niya, "Do you already need blood, Maimai?" I asked, concerned. I knew he couldn't answer me but I was worried. I sighed, "Azy, give me a pill." He handed me one, I put it in a bottle and swirled it around until it dissolved. "I guess if he won't drink it, then he doesn't need it?" I wondered aloud, mostly to myself.