Chapter twenty-two

To begin with, I was already regretting my decision to leave her alone there at the front of the hotel even if I was trying to convince myself that she would have been better off safer with her family and friends than me, especially when some peop...

To begin with, I was already regretting my decision to leave her alone there at the front of the hotel even if I was trying to convince myself that she would have been better off safer with her family and friends than me, especially when some people are going to make sure I paid for working with the police department to put them behind bars for an extended extra time, therefore, I had to do it for myself knowing that anyone in those cells can't be trusted except for my roommate in there who risks his life for me get all of this information to give them what they deserve including getting my revenge on them for killing a friend of mine.

Furthermore, I spent the remainder of my days in a secure place working closely with the police on a plan to put those criminals who escaped from prison during in causing a prison riot also I must admit it to them from thinking of a clique plan like the ones in movies to use it as an opportunity to gain access to freedom but now they were coming to hurt me.

"Officer Greer, your job is to be our bated who lured them out into the street by walking inside their place where they were just squatting and informed us about anything that might look suspicious to you" explained officer Ambrose.

The police officers are planning a trap for criminals who have escape from prison earlier this week as they have been spotted by a few locals who have claims to see them going to tourists attractions places to blend in with the crowd of people walking around England however we are being hopeful that we can catch all these criminals men to maintain the safety of the citizens who live here henceforth they will always be safe under our care even though the circumstances might be tough right nowadays.

On the other hand, I think about every second of the day worrying if she still safe even I feel so bad for leaving her alone at the doorstep somehow I know that sending postcards to her house she was staying at during reading week wasn't even going to be enough to make it up to her and then my sister keeps leaving a message that went through my voice notes telling me how pissed she was at me for leaving her best friend by herself afterwards proposing to the love of my life as gutted as I feel not holding her in my arms or listening to her telling me about her favourite stars.

"Hey man, can you please do me a favour and I will pay you back for it?" I asked Ambrose.

Ambrose was older than me by one year which means that he was one of the most understanding of how much my situation was messed up since I have a bunch of criminals who are already out to get me as well as my angel who was waiting for me to return safely home to her. I know that I wasn't allowed to step foot outside this facility without any security guard watching my every move. Moreover, he was my only hope that this message will get passed on to her at her parent's place.

My buddy of mine who was a part of this team agreed to help me out by passing on my message to my fiancee and her family telling them that I have finally proposed to their daughter after her dad had given me his blessing to marry his oldest daughter then I wanted him to pass on another, however, this time the message was only for her to read to know that I was safe in the secret location for now.

"Of course, I can help you pass on this to your lucky misses" agreed Ambrose.

A packet of old cigarettes on the counter and a half bottle of whiskey was taunting me at my worst-case scenario for me to do was to give into my addiction as I have been craving for the bottle to pick up to drink some of the liquor content even if it makes me feel like all my problems are gone nevertheless, I do not consider to drink it as picked up the whole bottle of whiskey with thinking about how much it will affect me so I drove myself home opening up the door and poured all the liquid down the drain of my kitchen sink not having any regret at all.

Those words I said to her that day when we were walking to class during her having a good getting out of bed in the middle of the morning was due to the fact that she wasn't feeling happy for a reason to do with her demons keep haunting her in her sleep at night also I told her that she was a lot more stronger than her demons. I always feel incomplete when she is not around me but someday when we are older, I will be your and you will be mine.

It's crazy that whenever I was missing her I would play a video of us last month playing the piano and singing to some of her favourites twice just to hear her voice again.

Ambrose: I heard that you rushed out of the station with half a bottle of whiskey and drove home. Is that true?

Me: wow, do rumours spread around this place very fast?

Ambrose: flipping hell Greer, are you drunk already?

Me: no, I am not drunk but I do feel like I'm drowning and dude I miss her too much.

Ambrose: I have spoken to her for you and I somehow got her voice on a recorder for you to listen back to it.

Me: man, I was so close to drinking it but then I realised that she wouldn't want me to go back to that even though she doesn't know about my addiction.

Ambrose: she needs you to stay strong for her and you need to come clean to her about how bad your past really was.

Me: thank you for helping me deliver the message by the way.

Ambrose: No worries mate.

"I flipping miss you but someday when we're older, I'll be yours and you will be mine" I muttered underneath my breath.

I took a shower before wrapping a towel around my waist tightly then stepping out of the shower to look at the mess up I was without by my side like she was my only source of light as the beautiful melody of her voice soothed every discomfort or distress I was under within minutes my angel would make me feel like a good person.

As I was pinching the bridge of my nose soon after letting out a little sigh wishing I can be with my angel again just to hear her voice can do me wonders to anyone but she's mine and it was as clear as day that the only way I can get to see her face again as if I had planned out every single detail of catching this criminal even though I was the informants working on his case for the officers. There was no way that I was going to be giving up without a fight because she's worth every single shining penny, blood, sweat or tears for us to win this case.

Love like ours was meant to survive any obstacles or things that the universe throws at it!

She's worth it to me!