Chapter forty

Nervously waited for him to call me on my phone to tell me how he did on his finals exams as I was typing up my coursework essay on my laptop in the library with my best friend/sister-in-law Penny who was currently editing the school newspaper whe...

Nervously waited for him to call me on my phone to tell me how he did on his finals exams as I was typing up my coursework essay on my laptop in the library with my best friend/sister-in-law Penny who was currently editing the school newspaper when I had gotten a phone call from him "I think it went okay but I think that I wrote too much." he sounded uncertain about his exam.

Sadly, I frowned at the tone of his voice not sounding very positive at the moment, and I think that he needed to get out of his head for a while, as I try to think of a better way to help him stay in an optimistic mood whilst tapping on the desk to come up with a plan to make him loosened up a little bit more about this exams because hid nerve was going to mess up his chances of completing his exams, therefore, I started with reassuring him by telling him that I believe in him more than anything else in the world to try to encourage him to do his best at everything in life to get him to see how much potential he has been hiding in him.

"I know that you will ace these exams and do you want to know why?"I asked him as he sighed listening to me. "Because you've got this and you have overcome all of your obstacles in the end to get the most promising results that led you to success in the future," I answered my question whilst hoping that he passed all his final exams, especially after all the things that have happened to him, but I do not doubt in my mind that he will pass the test henceforth, I strongly believe that he had made it through this exams process despite missing some lessons in his class because criminals were out for our blood yet now they are all locked up in prison.

"I wish you were here with me right now, but you have all these essays to write because we practically missed out on the quarter of the year," he said sadly to me.

Causally Shrugged my shoulders, and breath out exhausted by the amount of catching up I have to do which was making two dishes in three hours or typing up my essays on my laptop including finishing up my section of the campus newspaper articles not to mention the fact that I have a job in a bistro being a waitress before I could get promoted to work in the kitchen when I had more available time after this academic year was done.

I quietly sipped my water and plugged my earphones into my phone during in rereading my essays not necessarily noticing that he had walked into the library as I continue to talk to him on the phone until he covered my eyes with his hands also I can tell it was him from his usual scents which calm me down thus I smiled let  out his name out of my mouth.

I said supportively "I wish I could be there with you but I know for sure that you've got this, babe!"
"I'm only fifty-five minutes away from the main building library," he informed me.

Recently, we have been looking at weddings planners, houses, churches and more importantly, the venue of where our wedding was going to take place in a couple of places in fifteen months since we have no idea the location we were able to be set in because of essays, assignments and exam papers that need to be handed in or done by the end of the week before the deadline of the time now, I was finished writing my essay I was admiring my expo for our wedding in my enormous notebook as I was flipping through those pages of my checklist for planning the entire day.

Penelope asked "I was thinking about the two of us having a joint wedding? and also your sister did mention something about winning a contest on the radio station," she mentioned my sister won a contest on the radio station to guess who were the musicians who sang these couple of songs that the radio station hosts were playing on the radio.

The prize was several tickets to fly out from England to Los Angeles for a few days and nights therefore, I would thank my sister later as I soon began to plan our stay there at my grandmother's beach house in palm Springs next summer. "Let us all get married in Los Angeles and have a beach wedding on a cliff site" I answered Penelope.

My conversation with her brother my fiance was short-lived when the phone line was cut short by him as I was engaging in a discussion about how much I would love for this musician should play for our wedding to my incredible best friend who has been through a series of pain over the years, and she was generously patience with me, especially during the most difficult part of our lives moreover, we kept on talking about how next summer was going to be the best summer of our lives together to create another chapter next year but, I didn't notice that my wonderful fiance Layton was sneaking up from behind me whilst Penelope distract from knowing that he was in the library.

"Hey there beautiful"he whispered softly into my ear as I felt his breath on my neck as his lips slightly grazed the nape of my neck .
And then suddenly that warmth feeling of happiness inside my stomach during the butterflies flying in my stomach and then that's when I knew that I would never ever exchange what this feeling in the world or spend my whole here with my friends, family and him.

Cheerily, I smile right back at him "Hey,babe" I replied to him.

"I think it is getting dark outside so why don't I drive back to my place," he asked me.

Penelope and I were both sitting down in the library talking to our boyfriends then we walked outside into the parking lot when the rain started to fall down on us that was when I felt him pulling me into a kiss for longer than twenty heart racing seconds before we drove down the road heading towards the boy's apartment in all the excitement, adrenaline rush and hype around over these months was just simply the moment where I felt like I had never felt so happier in my life until now.

Late nights, singing karaoke, dance battle, studying and dinner parties was my life all in one nutshell now that we are all excited for the next chapter of our lives together including growing up into wishing that someday our next generation will walk down these same hallways to keep inspiring, encouraging and be the best supporting group of friends to one another like we were now.

"I like shiny things but I will marry you with a paper rings"I sang out loud at the top of my lungs to him.

The wind was blowing in my hair, I was just telling him about where we are going to have our joints with his friends and my best friend his sister Pen and I never felt more relaxed in my life whilst singing out loud to a song that was playing on the car radio as well as jamming to the music too.

Every seconds, minutes or hours of my waking moments of the days that I have spent with him was highly electrifying, thrilling and filled with laughter and happy tears which these are the moments that I will want to cherish for the rest of my life as my heart racing through the roof in so much anticipation of what was going to happen in the next few years to come.