Chapter Thirty

Quickly browsing through the Internet on my laptop back at my accommodation room on campus studying to catch up with my entire class even the slackers who just sit back behind everyone else in the classroom all day long talking to their friends a...

Quickly browsing through the Internet on my laptop back at my accommodation room on campus studying to catch up with my entire class even the slackers who just sit back behind everyone else in the classroom all day long talking to their friends about their amazing weekends meanwhile, I was sitting here waiting for the time to pass me by as I was aimlessly looking out of the window thinking of the next words to describe my written piece of work as I started to zone out for five minutes until my best buddy of mine who was studying for her literature and journalists class had gotten out of her chair which caused me to turn around in my seat to look at her.

However, I don't think that I was mentally and physically ready to return to school let's alone my friends weren't prepared to come back there either not knowing what wild crazy speculation everyone was going to say about us was spreading across the whole campus like wildfire and then I remembered what he told me to do when something like this happens was faking it until I make it according to him it was the best way to not give in to the scrutiny of other people so instead of faking it I was embracing the amount of attention from our classmates.

"We have learned so much about ourselves in less than months if you asked me," said Penelope proudly to herself.

Slowly hobbled around on her crutches to sit down on my bed to rest her legs as I was writing my second to the third assignment on the concept of new trends versus traditional methods of the culinary arts industry explaining how diverse it was creating a bigger gap in the market that can lean customers/ consumers towards those trends in the restaurant more rather than visiting old traditional ways of cooking food and the last tasks were to make my creation of survey data collected from a couple of people who would answers questions of my choice based on the topic of statistical evidence.

Although, I was nearly finished with my paper all I needed to do was find a group of people who are willing to participate in a series of questionnaire questions about their favourite restaurant including what do they have to say about the latest trends in food today since it was mainly based on the food culture I decided to convince all of my friends to go out to our favourite diner near sixth Street to do both working and leisure time too.

" I guess we did learn more about ourselves like how we will always be there for each other, and our friendship is indestructible no matter what happens to us,"I said gratefully to Penelope.

We may be young adults who were still trying to figure out our purposes in life by choosing the subject of which career we want to take in the future jobs while exploring the real world and experiencing all sorts of fantastic yet dangerous adventures where we were falling in love with our boyfriends, finding out about one of the past or risking ourselves to redeem my boyfriend from being in danger himself as he had to overtake a major role in the development of an old investigation that was all over now.

Another thing is that we do need a distraction to take our minds off studying for a while since we were all probably knee-deep in textbooks, revision books and mind maps in our room for our exams as I decided to go visit a new Italian restaurant that I have read about in the newspaper called Bellina was right around the corner from the University and five minutes from down the road from the boy's apartments.

Penelope hesitated " I have some news to tell you about but please promise me that you won't tell anyone that I told you that I was pregnant".

A little cloud of confusion was shadowing over my head when I realised that she had just told me that she was pregnant as I started staring at her with my eyes opened wide in bewilderment not knowing what to say about it being lost for words on how to open up my mouth to say something so I just pulled her into a hug wishing for her to be alright with everything, however, I feel even more guilty if I was the cause of how she lost her child for helping me get her brother back by getting involved into the mission.

In all of my life, I have never been more filled with so much regret than this for putting her up to it and all of this stress must have made her lose the baby that she had shared with colin although, she didn't look like she was going to blame me for it as she shed many tears about it. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for your loss and I didn't mean to make it happen-"

Penelope interjected, "oh don't worry none of this was your fault and I didn't know I was pregnant until I felt a sharp shooting pain in my stomach a few days before our self-defence lessons that is why I was a little bit snippy sometimes".

No wonder why she was so quiet at times, but she could have come to me even when I was a mess I would have still pushed my problem aside to tend to her issues with the loss of her baby and her parents was arguing about pulling their children out of university to protect Layton and her from being at risk of being in danger themselves. I think maybe she loses her baby two days ago and she was trying to be brave enough to face the fact that she never was going to see the gender of her child but she lied to me not to make me feel bad about it.

Everything was a huge jumble in my life to be fair, I think she will be a great mum to her unborn baby that she lost or to any other child who she might have in the future when she was ready to be a mum after finishing her university degree journalist and creative writing but I know for sure that I would love to be a fun aunt to her kids someday.

"Are you going to be okay because that type of loss is painful to bear on your own?" I asked Penelope sadly.

"To be honest with you, no but he is my safety boat pulling back up onto the boat and he is sheltering me from the harshest storm of the sea" sighed Penelope uneasily to me.

"You are the strongest and most caring person who I know to go through so much that I know the two of us can get through this together but please don't hesitate to contact us okay," I said proudly to Penelope.

The downpour of the storm might represent the views of life meaning that we all have a different outlook on life no matter what we see every single day is the same view outside of the window, however, we all have our different approaches to face the consequences of our actions or the responsibility of our own choices that has got us here so far as we can take the time to sit back down to start being able to see the bigger picture of how the sun always shine much brighter on the other side.

Strengths, courage, wits, compassion, and a strong fair heart to be willing to share all of your pain as well as turn it into your passion to create something truly inspiring instead of letting the aches of your suffering eat you alive each day, which stop you from coming into the person who you thought you might be in the future, nevertheless, I chose to change the way I channel my sadness by taking up extra sessions in the gym as well as cooking or baking up all of my frustrations into a beautiful pie to become a better version of me too.