8A) Another Shrink session.

4 Dec

The next day, Eddy takes Brett to the hospital again.
Eddy walks in front, Brett follows with his now so familiar weary stride. He hasn't spoken since last night. The evening meal was skipped because he slept through the night and breakfast was in total silence from Brett's part. Fortunately he did eat something, although it wasn't much. And he didn't throw up, which is also an accomplishment compared to a lot of other meals.

Eddy is still wondering what Brett meant last night, but he doesn't have the heart to ask. He wishes he could help though. They always took care of each other, stood by each other's side. So why is this happening? The worst part is that it seems that the 'not talking thing' is mostly fixated on him. He doesn't look at him either, now more than ever. What is going on? Why doesn't he confide in him like he used to? He just hopes Brett will talk to this doctor Flora. Maybe she can find a way out of this.

While they are waiting in the waiting room, he takes Brett hands in his and tries to make him look at him.

"Hey mate. Listen to me for a moment. I'm going to make the video that we are taking a break until you feel better again, okay? Just like I said a couple of weeks ago. We need time to get better."

Brett looks up, nods and drops his head again. They both know he can't film like this. Brett wants to say: I'm so sorry! But he can't. The words choke in his throat. He feels so inadequate. He lets Eddy down. The whole team they have. Their fans. And for what? His body is healing quite rapidly from the Myastenia, so that only leaves that he is just lovesick. It's just a stupid crush! What is he; a dramatic teenager?! He shakes his head with annoyance about himself.

Eddy is unaware of what Brett thinks, but what he can see is that Brett is feeling guilty about this. They have known each other long enough to sense that kind of things very easily.

"Please Brett. It's okay. Take your time. All the time you need. But try to heal, will you? I miss you. So much."
Eddy tries to get eye contact, but Brett averts his eyes and lets out a deep sigh.

Flora walks into the room.
"Brett Yang? You can come with me now."

Brett stands up and trudges after her, shoulders low, head down, without answering or even looking back at Eddy.

As Eddy looks at Brett walking away he can't get over the fact he's changed so much in appearance. His normally upbeat gait is now a ghost image from the bent back -head down -barely lifting his feet- way of moving. Also he is so thin for he lost so much weight.
I really need to get him to eat more. But how? What should I do?

But he can't think of anything practical.
So now all Eddy can do is wait. He gets his phone out of his pocket and starts checking out old TwoSet content. It makes him happy and gives him hope for later. Hope that everything will turn out okay eventually. What more can he do?

Suddenly his phone rings. He almost drops it out of shock. It's Hilary. He picks it up quickly.

"Hi Hilary, it's me."

"Hi Eddy. How are you? I'm calling to see how's Brett and you are doing. I hear that he's home again? Even when we were filming last time he seemed a bit unwell. It made me worry. You've edited the video splendidly by the way. I think nobody suspected a thing."

"Thanks. Well, I think you can say he's doing the same as last week. You already know that they finally found out he has a syndrome called Myasthenia Gravis, and he got some meds that should work within a short while. Actually they should already work, but he is still very lethargic, not eating, sleeps bad and he still isn't talking to me. I can't even come near him or he will flinch."
Eddy swallows with difficulty. Why won't he talk to him?
"He is seeing a psychiatrist as we speak and I think he is making some sort of progress. So we now know he can talk, but just not to me apparently. I wish I knew why and that I could do something. Anything! I'm so frustrated of not being able to help."