30) InTeReStINg times at the hospital

20 dec.

The next day Brett and Eddy walk inside the hospital.
Brett has his next appointment with Dr. Flora.
They take a seat on the plastic chairs in the waiting room.

"I could have cancelled this session you know. I'm doing fine!" Brett whispers.

"No way we wouldn't go. I want to meet this miracle lady." Eddy answers in an equally hushed voice.

They hear a door open and see Dr. Flora walking into the room. Today she wears a pink shirt with flowers and dark jeans underneath and radiates warmth. She is one of those doctors who never wears a white coat.

"Hello Brett. Good afternoon. You can come with me now." Her voice is as pleasant as ever, made to put anyone at ease.

"Eddy wants to join our session today. Is that okay with you?" Brett asks shyly looking up at the tall woman before him.

Flora curiously raises her eyebrows at hearing him speak in the presence of fore mentioned person. Hmmm, progress?
She nods to tell it's okay for both men to come with her.
She gets another chair so there are now 3 chairs in the small room. Brett and Eddy sit beside each other, facing Dr. Flora.

"Well hello to you on this beautiful day. Nice to see you both together here. I like it. Tell me about this new situation?"

Eddy talks first.
"I want to thank you. Brett told me you said that he had to open up to me. That he had to tell me what he felt for me. If you hadn't, I don't think we would've gotten out of this impasse."

"Oh? So Brett, you told him? Wonderful! That's great. Or so I hope?" She looks curiously at a slightly blushing Brett.

Brett looks shyly up, a smile present on his face.
"Well.. I kind of blurted it out after Eddy was screaming at me that I needed to talk to him."
He shrugs and chuckles slightly.

"So? He screamed at you? And what happened after that you confessed?"

"Well, Eddy was quite stubborn about making the situation even more awkward than it already was. He had to come to terms with it first, but..." Before he can proceed he is interrupted by Eddy.

"I was just not knowing what to feel! Sheesh. You just surprised me you know!"
Eddy has his head cast down and massages his forehead with his hand so you can't see his eyes, hiding out of embarrassment. His red cheeks give him away though.

Brett kicks him softly and widens his eyes a moment with a non spoken warning that he needs to let Brett finish his sentence without being interrupted.
"BUT he made it up to me. He showed me that he..." Brett can't believe what he is going to say.
"... that he loves me back."
He blushes all the way to his neck.

Eddy glows beside him, a wide content smirk on his face.

"Better late than never, eh?" The Australian accent comes thick through in this sentence.
To prove his point he takes Brett's hand in his own, softly tracing the inside of his hand with his thump, smiling sheepishly at dr. Flora.

"I am very happy to hear this." Flora smiles wholeheartedly.
"Brett? With you being my patient and all, can I talk to you alone for a moment?"

Eddy stands up, makes a short bow and with a look at Brett he gestures he'll be waiting in the next room for him. As Brett watches him go, his eyes soften on the looks of his boyfriends straight posture walking so graciously outside the door.

"So miracles do happen after all, don't they Brett?" Flora asks nicely.

"Yeah. It seems they do." There is a wide soft smile on his face, his eyes glistering.

"I didn't know you were able to have so much expression on your face. I've seen more of you in these few minutes today than in the last sessions altogether."

Brett laughs.
"I actually do. My natural resting face is a bit expressionless I think. Sorry about that. Others call it my 'deadpan face'. I trained it to a maximum level, because it made my friends and especially Eddy laugh. And it can be quite convenient. But secretly said between us: I'm very good with facial expressions. You should see me doing charades. It's impossible to hide expressions while doing violin charades."
Brett chuckles.

"I can understand." Flora's eyes are laughing, although she doesn't do it out loud.
"So? You talk, you have your music back, you have your lover.. It looks like a victory all the way. You're totally okay again? Do you still need me?"

"I don't think so. I'm more happy than I have been in, well..., years and years actually. The meds are working splendidly so I have more energy in comparison to even a year ago, I can play my violin again and I have the man I love by my side. I still need to rest a lot more to get where I want to be, but we will be starting slowly with TwoSet again at the start of January. What could I possibly want more?"

Flora smiles and chuckles.
"Well done Brett. Well done."

They say their goodbyes and Brett leaves to pick up Eddy in the waiting room. Flora watches them leave from the entrance of her room and see them walk through the hall, fingers entwined. She has almost turned around when she suddenly sees Brett looking side to side as if he wants to know if someone is watching them. In a fluent movement he opens the bathroom door they were passing by to his left and pulls Eddy with him inside.
Flora can't help but snicker out loud.
Ah, young love. I wish you all the best lads. Enjoy.