8B)

Hilary thinks for a moment.
"You have always been such good friends for so long. It's so strange he doesn't talk to you. When we were filming everything looked alright between you two. You are always bantering together anyway. It just seemed... well.. normal. And you already told me nothing happened between you two after that, right? So maybe something did happen but you don't know it and he doesn't want to burden you? I wonder... I know he can see the world a little dark sometimes. And you are there then too. So how does he normally get out of that? Do you help him to get him out?"
It's always so nice to talk to Hilary.
She won't judge and is always practical.
Maybe she knows something he can do.

"Well, yes. I don't know. Normal things... We just talk, play music, hug, kiss, watch anime... You know, that kind of things to make him feel happier. And everything will be better after."

Eddy hears a sharp intake of air at the other end of the line.

"What? Wait a minute. Hug? Kiss? Really now? Did I miss something? Are you finally in a relationship together? Why didn't you tell me!"

"Huh? No. Why?"
Eddy is really baffled by her question.

".... Friends don't normally kiss, Eddy. Although I must admit your relationship is a bit different than average anyway. A bit more intense if I might say so. So maybe it's normal for the two of you. But in 'normal' friendships there is no excessive hugging or any what so ever kissing involved you know. Especially with men. Do you do that with all your friends?"

Eddy takes a moment to let the words sink in.
"Oh right... I can see where you're coming from. It's rarely a real kiss though. Just on the cheek or forehead. Or just a light touch on the lips for that matter. But yeah, it's only with Brett like that..."
Eddy suddenly realizes it might be a bit strange.
"Hmmm. Okay... I'm trying to remember when we actually started doing that...?"
Eddy thinks deeply for a moment.
"Thinking back, it wasn't like this in the beginning of our friendship. I think it started at our first world tour and we just kept it in our system after that. I think."

"Maybe that's the problem then? You two being so close, without being as close as lovers and not having room for other partners? That he's feeling that your relation should be different, but doesn't know how to talk to you about it?"
Hilary asks it cautiously.

"No, no way! You read too much into it. Brett doesn't think like that. He is okay with the situation as it is now. We're just having fun."
But Eddy lets Hilary's words sink in.
He is, isn't he??
They have never talked about it. It just happened, or not. No questions asked. They went with the flow of the moment. Didn't they?

"You think so? Perhaps. I don't know of course. Maybe you should ask to be sure. Just watch out for both of you, okay? I don't want this drama to last longer than necessary. For you both and everyone's sake. We are missing you. I'll call you in a few days. I need to practice now."

"I will, don't worry. I'll keep you informed. Thanks Hilary."

They hang up and Eddy starts watching an episode of one of their charades they did 2 years ago, but his mind wanders off.
Our relationship is perfect as it is, right? And he is also straight, no?
He thinks about the lovers Brett had the last couple of years. Has he actually ever seen any of them? Not really, not in real live. Brett always visited them. He didn't bring them home because he didn't want to disturb Eddy with lover quarrels. And that always happened not long after getting together. It ended before it really started. But he never seemed to mind that much.
Unlike Eddy who is always tries to hide in a deep dark cave, crying his eyes out, after a lover broke up with him.
How good do I actually know him in that area? I
must ask him when everything is a bit normal again.