07: only tonight

"Our English teacher is cooking in our kitchen."

--☆--☆--☆--

Cassie turned around when someone knocked on her bedroom door. The door opened, Lorelai standing on the other side of it. Cassie stood up a little bit straighter, wondering if Lorelai would finally say something. And she did, just not the words Cassie was looking for.

"Do you want to come cake tasting with me and Rory?" She asked and Cassie's shoulders fell, a short sigh leaving her mouth.

"Uh sure," She nodded her head.

"We're leaving in five," Lorelai told her before closing her door.

Lorelai hasn't said anything about what Cassie told her and it's been two days. All she said was "okay," then got up and left. Cassie has been waiting for her response ever since. Cassie grabbed her shoes from under her bed, putting them on her feet before going downstairs.

"Coming with?" Rory asked her sister with a smile.

"Yeah."

Rory stepped closer to Cassie, "Is something up with mom?"

Cassie looked over at Lorelai who looked like she was deep in thought. "She's probably thinking about cake," Cassie laughed awkwardly and Rory nodded.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Rory announced, then went upstairs to use the bathroom.

Cassie walked over to her mom, standing there awkwardly. Lorelai knew she was standing there, Cassie did the same thing when she was little. Every time she thought she was in trouble she'd stand by Lorelai and wait. Like when she was four and spilled milk on the couch or when she was six and drew on the walls or now, when she's sixteen and had sex.

Lorelai looked over at her, she let out a sigh as she smiled at her daughter. Her baby girl. She knew Cassie was smart enough to not make mistakes Lorelai made. She knew Cassie loved Josh, more than Lorelai loved Christopher at their age. But that didn't mean Lorelai wasn't worried, but she knew one thing, she wanted to be there for Cassie the way she wanted her mom to be there for her.

"We'll talk about it later, okay?" Lorelai said to her.

"Really?" Cassie smiled and Lorelai nodded.

"Ready?" Rory asked once she got to the bottom of the steps.

"Let's go!"

And just like that the Gilmores were out the front door. They headed straight towards Fran's bakery, all three of them knowing damn well that Sookie was making Lorelai's wedding cake.