Chapter 6

TW for sexual assault still applies in this chapter

"Mmm hey baby, sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep... Robert?... Babe? What are you looking at? You're miles away" she whispered, trying not to wake her beautiful boys.

"Hey sleepy head, don't be silly you're exhausted, and here" he pointed to his family, "with you guys, is my favourite place to be." He said, leaning forward to kiss her head.

"Tell me what you're looking at" she smiled as she asked, wondering what could have gotten her husband so engrossed in thought.

"Later, I'm focussing on you right now." He said, hoping she would drop it.

"Why won't you tell me?" She whispered back apprehensively.

"I was just looking at places that might be nice for Luke to propose to Vic. Maybe even places for us to go on a double date sometime...soon?" He leaned over, interlocking their fingers, bringing her hand to his mouth and brushing it with his lips, trying to anticipate how she'd react.

"A double date? Like us.. and them? But Vic doesn't know about us.. Wait, has Luke told her about us? Does she know?" Andy began breathing a little too quickly for Robert's liking. He squeezed her hand to let her know he was there and began trying to calm her down.

"Baby, shh, shh it's ok. No, she doesn't know about us, or the kids.. shh it's alright." He was stroking her hair now but her sudden movements were waking the boys.

Grayson really doesn't like being woken up so Robert picked him up, cradling him in the nook of his arm and stroked his nose softly, sending him back in to a peaceful sleep.

With Andy now able to move freely, she stood up, grabbed a blanket off the back of the couch and made her way to the back patio for some air. Robert gave her a few minutes to gather her thoughts before placing Grayson back on the sofa and padding around the two of them with cushions so they didn't fall off.

He walked outside, looked at his wife stood on the edge of the patio, wrapped in a blanket, staring in to space. He sat down on the outdoor bed, called her softly and gestured for her to come and sit in his arms.

She accepted his invitation and placed herself in between his legs as he wrapped his big arms around her and pulled her close. "Te amo." He whispered in her ear and kissed the side of her head.

"I love you too baby, so much." She said, looking in to his big beautiful eyes.

"We need to talk about Vic and Luke, but I need you to stay calm while we do, you've had a stressful few days."

"OK.." Andy gestured cautiously for him to continue.

"First thing's first, I'm very happy for them, I've never seen Luke like this about a girl, and he's been married before...twice..." he said and let out a soft chuckle.

"I agree, It's lovely to see Vic so happy I just wish everything was easier and more straightforward."

"I know... and that brings me to point number 2, and you can't blame him for this, but Vannah overheard us talking about Vic..and.."

"WHAT?! I specifically, SPECIFICALLY asked him not to mention her when she was around..I.."

"Ok hang on..." he said, interrupting her rant, "that's not staying calm... and, in his defence, she was asleep when we started the conversation and it was only because she woke up and came outside that she overheard the tail end. It's not his fault babe it was just unlucky.."

"I..." she stopped to try and compose herself. "How... what are we going to tell her?"

"Well, she asked if she could meet Vic because she felt left out that we all knew her and she didn't. She was so happy that Uncle Luke might be getting married like Mummy and Daddy, it was actually a really sweet moment."