Chapter 32

The following week at the station flew by, Savannah was still coming to the station everyday to be with her parents, Chief Ripley was still working from Robert's office and the boys would visit on the days Molly wasn't supposed to be looking after them. The nightmares about the fire were nearly completely gone and Andy and Robert were thrilled to have their perky little 5 year old back. She had gotten perfectly comfortable with each of her new aunts and uncles who had loved playing with her, baking and reading lots of stories. She was particularly fond of Dean and Travis and loved it when they would tell her stories about her Abuelo.

Everyone was sat around the table having their dinner when the Chief thought he'd ask a question, grabbing everyone's attention, especially Vic's.

"Why don't we all spend tomorrow lunch time at the park? We can order pizzas and have a picnic? Dean you can bring Pru and I'll bring my fiancé for you all to meet.."

Vic nearly choked on her food when he said that, causing everyone to look at her as she took a sip form her drink. "Sorry to interrupt Chief, something went down the wrong way." She said, looking him straight in the eye and causing him to giggle.

"As I was saying, I can bring my fiancé, you two can bring this Princess here and the boys, Warren, bring Bailey and your two? What do you say guys... everybody in?"

"Well I'm in!" Shouted Savannah, "and Uncle Jack can bring whoever it is he keeps smiling about on his phone." She teased.

This caused an eruption of laughter form the adults and Jack turned a violent shade of red. "Uhm.. I don't think.. I don't.."

"Come on Jack!" Andy shouted, "Bring her along to meet the fam!" She gave him a wink.

"I will ask her, she also has a son so maybe he could come too?" He tentatively asked.

"Of course! The more the merrier!" The Chief enthusiastically answered.

"Ben if you're asking Bailey, could you get her to ask Dr. Grey if she can come with her 3 kids? We keep saying we should have a play date instead of meeting in the ER every time one of our kids gets hurt." Andy asked.

"Of course, what a great idea."

"Hold up.." Travis started.. "Every time? How many times have they been?"

"Uhm.."Andy looked nervously at Robert because she knew the team would get angry at this next part.

"Only twice, you know about Savannah, and her beautiful cast." He said, smiling at her, "but what you don't know, is that when Luke was in the hospital after the plane crash, Enzo was on the paeds floor being treated for viral meningitis." Robert started and the whole team gasped.

"What?!" Travis yelled.

"He was Ok, he was on fluids and basically just asleep the whole time, but it was scary as anything at home. He went downhill so fast we had no choice but to bring him in."

The team listened intently and to Andy's surprise, they weren't mad at all they were genuinely concerned and sorry that they weren't around to help.

"Thanks guys, we know it could have gone differently, but we're all here now and that's all that matters. Hey Trav, Is Michael off tomorrow? He's obviously welcome!"

"Yes I believe so, he'll be delighted! Vic, invite is open to everyone, are you bringing a special someone?" He asked.

Vic tried extremely hard to avoid eye contact with Andy or Luke at this point and just sat there and blushed. "No I think he's working tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure, if he's not, you'll definitely see him there."

-

*At the Herrera-Sullivan household*

With everyone who'd planned to come or who had been invited, Andy worked out that there would be around 25 people expected to be at the park for their giant play date. "Mi'ja can you come and brush your teeth please?" Andy shouted down the stairs.