Conversions | Chapter 21

Tessia Eralith POV

As soon as Arthur and Caera finished their battle the event commissioner called both Kizan and me up to prepare for our upcoming match. I began doing basic mana and muscle exercises to warm up for the next match.

With nearly everyone in the beginning out of the tournament now, and only four competitors remaining, tension is at an all-time high. I couldn't shake this nervousness off me after watching so many of Riza's fights. She was strong. Very strong. I don't need someone to tell me that I should be careful of her because I already am.

The room had become enveloped with an eerie silence. A palpable quietness that would make one go insane. It was lonely as well, with only three people left in the room and soon to be four once Arthur gets here.

Were all enemies here and every one of us could take the number one spot if we got careless. This much was evident after watching all three of them fight.

Time seemed to trickle by as both Kizan and I warmed up in silence, each being careful not to exert more of our abilities than we need. This silence was then when the door immediately swung open revealing a very healthy Arthur, behind him was our event commissioner.

Arthur took a seat at the bar with Kizan and me stopping what we were doing to look at the man. Riza was by the couch resting and sleeping. The man looked around to make sure everyone who needed to be here was here and anyone not here was not.

Once finished he spoke, "Competitors Kizan and Princess Tessia please get ready and prepare to leave for the match." We nodded. Kizan and I locked eyes and I could feel the intensity that emanated from him.

I went to put my uniform back on and grab my sword that I left by one of the couches with Kizan doing the same to his bow. Riza woke up during this time. Her eyes darted around the room, before realizing that her match is soon.

After a couple of minutes of both Kizan and I left the room, following behind the man. We turned a couple of corners until finally, we reached Kizan's terminal. Mine was just ahead on the other side of the arena. Finally reaching my terminal I turned the corner and walked towards the arched entrance, fully prepared to face the massive challenge ahead of me.

Arthur Leywin POV

As Tessia and Kizan left both Riza and I was left to our devices. I was drinking a type of herbal tea that the butlers make frequently. Compared to several hours ago the viewing room is almost completely empty and silent. It was almost. . . sad.

Seconds later Riza got up from the couch she was laying on and walked over to me and sat down on a chair directly next to me. I looked at her expectantly, if she wanted to talk.

She turned her head my way and smiled at me, "Hi your Arthur right, its nice to meet you." I smiled at her, "Yes, is there something you want to talk about?" I asked her.

"No not really, I just wanted to get to know you, you seem like a strong person, and since we'll be fighting each other, I figured that we should get to know each other." I thought about it and nodded since there was no harm in it.

However, before we got a chance to talk the voice of the announcer rang out from the speakers in our room. We got up and migrated to the couches to watch the match.

"Do you know where they keep the losers in this tournament?" I asked who sat beside me.

"Yes, there is a separate viewing room meant only for the losers, they also get a choice if they want to watch it with their families."

Out of one of the corners of the arena appeared a male with a good build. His silhouette quickly became visible revealing Kizan. On the other side was Tessia who emerged at the same time. They kept walking toward each other until they were only 200 feet away from each other.