The Asclepius | Chapter 27

Tessia Eralith POV

Particles of amethyst purple float about as I continue to conjure whatever aunt Rinia is trying to teach me.

"Hmm. . . not quite there yet Tessia. You've still got ways to go." Aunt Rinia's voice rang from the side of the room.

She was sitting on the couch sitting some herbal tea. Its been about 1 year since I went under her tutelage to learn how to. . . on her terms -'influence' aether. My parents hated the fact that I was going out into the beast glades and being put in such a dangerous situation even with the lance's help.

Thankfully Aunt Rinia stepped in and offered to teach me some of her unique deviation techniques that may come in useful during my dive. Since then I have been training with her every time I get.

"You know it will be even better if you could give me at least a little hint at what I'm trying to do." I voiced my frustration.

Both my hands are on the dining table, where we eat. I stood up and faced her with annoyance. She wasn't fazed at all and continued to sip her tea.

"Tessia, creating a portal is difficult and takes time it took me several years to fully get a hang of it. You are progressing much faster than I have when I was first taught how to do it." She reasoned.

I huffed my cheeks, activated the second phase of my beast will, and went back to placing my complete focus on learning how to create a portal.

Arthur LeywinPOV

The sounds of spells clashing were the only noise being heard. The sound of a giant earth mace slamming into the ground below us. The sound of me being rocketed into an earthen wall this dwarf created for me, and more.

"That was a good fight, mica thinks you're getting better!" The dwarven lance complimented me.

As I stood up, I dusted off the debris I had collected from me pommelling into the wall.

"Thanks, but it doesn't really mean much when you use that gravity black hole spell on me nearly every time, then slam me into the barrier shortly after." I Added.

"Hehe." Mica merely scratched the back of her head

"But she's right Arthur, you're getting stronger very fast; both you and Tessia. I wouldn't be surprised if you can match our strengths in another year or so." Varay joined, she was standing from the far side of the training room, watching our fight.

She was widely regarded as the strongest lance, and to be honest it makes so much sense. I've sparred with her before and I lost within 10 seconds of the match, of course, I never use my realmheart when fighting.

Even when Tessia and I go against her at the same time, it almost always results in us losing in the first 20 seconds of the match.

"*sigh* let's go again Mica, I still want to beat you." I straightened my back and conjured an ice sword in the ready.

Mica grinned and whipped out her massive earthen mace that seems to be almost three times her size, "Just don't lose as quickly this time!"

At Varays signal both Mica and I raced toward each other. I knew that with her gravity magic pinning me down and at the same time drawing her closer to me; Mica would be a monstrous opponent.

With my ice sword in hand, I wrapped myself in black lightning and zipped straight to her. Mica lunged at me with her mace in the air. At the last second before it connected I managed to dodge it.

I knew she was going easy on me because I wouldn't have been able to escape her gravity if she wasn't.

"Nice one, mica thinks your getting better!" She grinned as she prepared another swing.