Chapter Thirty One

Chai: Kiet, what's wrong? Is your foot hurting too much? Should be go to a doctor?

Kiet shakes his head in no.

Kiet: Please put me down. I will manage from here.

Chai: Is your room on the ground floor?

Kiet: No

Chai: Then how will reach there? You can't even take two steps without falling.

Kiet: I will manage.

Chai: Why are you being so stubborn?

Kiet does not say anything and just looks down. Chai then carries him to the first floor and stands outside Kiet's room.

Chai: Where is the key?

Kiet: Pocket

Chai gently puts Kiet down and supports him with one hand while taking out the key with the other. He then opens the door and enters the room holding Kiet in his arms. He lays him on the bed and then stretchs himself.

Kiet: Thank you for your help. You can leave now. I can manage from here.

Chai: You are in a hurry to sent me away. What are you hiding from me Kiet?

Kiet: Nothing

Chai: Really? Then why is the only son of one of the richest families in Thailand living in such a dingy room in the poorest locality of the town?

Kiet does not say anything and looks away from Chai.

Chai: Kiet

Kiet: I don't think I am answerable to you. You are my friend's fiancee's best friend and I am grateful for your help. But how I lead my life is my personal choice.

Chai: I am just your friend's fiancee's bestie, huh? Then why is your wall filled with my photos. Why are you still holding on to our memories? Why are you keeping track of every success I achieved in my business? Why is your whole life filled with my traces?

Kiet does not say anything but Chai could hear the light sobs coming from the person sitting huddled up on the bed. He quickly gets on the bed and holds Kiet's face in his palms gently.

Chai: Look into my eyes Kiet.

Kiet shakes his head in denial.

Chai: Kiet, please.

Kiet slowly raises his head and looks into Chai's eyes.

Chai: Why? Why did you do it Kiet? Why did you break up with me when you love me so much?

Kiet: I..I didn't have a choice. I had to choose between our love and your successful career. I chose your career.

Chai: I don't understand. What are you trying to say?

Kiet: Remember the day four years back when I broke up with you.

Chai nods his head.

Flashback:

A boy is standing in the balcony of a huge well decorated room. He is happily talking to someone on the phone. The boy's face is shown and he is none other than Kiet.

Kiet: P, where are you? My classes just got over and I want to meet you. I miss my boyfriend so much.

Inaudible conversation on the other side.

Kiet: P, please ask your friends to let you go for today. I really miss you na.

Inaudible conversation.

Kiet: Thank you P. I will meet you at our usual place. I love you. See you soon.

Kiet disconnects the call and walks towards his room with a big smile but the smile drops on seeing the person standing in his room.