Chapter Forty Five

Kiet: PChai, I think it's better if I am not part of your life. I am always causing you pain. Four years back I hurt you with my reckless decision and yesterday i once again caused you pain with my words. You are better off without me PChai. So let's break up, this time forever. Thank you. Thank you for all the loving memories we have created together and thank you for loving me so much. You will always be the one in my heart. Goodbye and take care of yourself.

Kiet gets up from the floor and starts to walk towards the door.

"STOP"

Kiet halts his steps on hearing Chai's loud voice. He turns around to look at Chai who is trying to get up from the bed. Kiet moves towards him to help but he asks him to stop with his hand. He is able to sit upright after a lot of effort and pain.

Chai: You want a divorce, I will give it you. But I want you to listen to everything that I want to say because this may be the last time I will get a chance to do so.

Kiet clenches the sides of his pants hard as tears start streaming down his eyes.

Chai: You have always taken one sided decisions in our relationship saying that everything is for my happiness. But do you even know what my happiness is?

There is a pause as Chai looks at Kiet with painful eyes.

Chai: No, you don't. Being a successful businessman is not my happiness. Being with the most beautiful girl or boy in the world is not my happiness. Being a Casanova and playing around with people's heart is not my happiness.

A drop of tear falls down Chai's eyes.

Chai: Seeing a smile on your face and knowing that it's because of me is my happiness. Finding you again after being away from you is my happiness. Getting married to you and making you mine forever is my happiness. Coming home to you after a tiring day at work is my happiness. Spending every second of my life with you is my happiness.

Kiet covers his face with his hands and starts crying out loud as he can't bear the pain in Chai's voice.

Chai: YOU...JUST YOU ARE MY HAPPINESS KIET.

Kiet: PChai

Kiet could not hold himself back anymore. He just runs and hugs Chai tight.

Chai: Do you still think without you I will be happy?

Kiet shakes his head in no.

Kiet: I am sorry. I am so sorry PChai.

Chai: Please don't leave me Kiet. I...I cannot live without you.

Kiet: No, I will not leave you PChai. I will never leave you and go.

Chai: Promise?

Kiet: Promise.

Chai: I love you baby.

Kiet: I love you PChai. I love you so,so much.

They hug each other and cry but this time it's tears of joy.

Meanwhile the four people outside the room looks at each other and smiles through their tears.

Mek: I think we need to go. They just need each other to heal. Tomorrow is your engagement and we need to finish all pending work by today evening.

Atid: Hmm

Niran: We need to be at the office too.

Aroon: Hmm, you are right.

Mek: I will take Niran with me. Do you want me to drop you Aroon?

Aroon: No, I will take a cab.

Niran: But..

Atid: I will drop him. His house is on my way.

Mek: OK

They walk out of the hospital and walks towards the parking lot.

Niran: See you in the office.

Aroon: OK

Mek: See you.

Atid: Hmm

Atid and Aroon gets into Atid's car and drive away from there.

There is an eerie silence in the car as Atid and Aroon heads towards Aroon's house. Aroon looks at Atid and feels anxious seeing his serious face. He seem to be lost in some thoughts. Aroon decides to break the silence as he is feeling suffocated.

Aroon: PAtid

No answer

Aroon: PATID

Atid is startled by Aroon's loud voice.

Atid: Did.. did you say something?

Aroon: Hmm. I was asking if something is bothering you.

Atid: I....

Atid tries to say something but cannot find the right words. He clutches the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turn white.

Aroon: PAtid.

Atid parks the car on the side of the road and gets out of the car. Aroon also gets out of the car. Atid starts walking forward aimlessly until they reach a park. He finds himself a bench in a quite corner where there are not much people.

"PAtid"

He looks at Aroon who has been following him this whole time.

Atid: Will you leave me Aroon? Will you also ask for a divorce?

Aroon looks at Atid in shock. The pain and uncertainty he saw in his eyes was huge.

Aroon: PAtid...