Chapter 23 : Dog Fight

The Dragon drone was flying at the altitude of three-thousand feet, well below its capability, but forced to stay below the clouds to achieve visibility.

The drone was made as a tactical bomber, its wing-to-body design carries high weapon capacity, its thrust-vector propelling system was adapted from fifth generation jet-fighters, offering highly maneuverability, capable to evade any attack from the ground.

It was however, vulnerable from above, consider it can fly higher than any existing aircrafts. Out of the clouds came a black shadow, caught its tail and clinging like dead weight.

"Sir! Something wrong with Dragon-One!" the drone pilot reported.

"What's going on?" Komarov turned to the live-feed, the image was rolling out of control, flipping from sky to ground to sky again. "Check Dragon-Two."

The second pilot steered his drone into range, from the eye of Dragon-Two delivered a stunning image.

"Can somebody tell me what the hell am I looking at??"

The Raven Wing-suit was also undetectable by radar and heat, considered it wasn't power-driven. Masha held onto the tail fin of the massive drone, folded her wings and tilting the drone, dragging it to earth with all her weight.

"Damn! These things are strong!" She complained in her helmet.

The low level clouds were blocking the view of satellites, but also offering a cover for the Blackhawk helicopter, which was hovering at its service ceiling of nineteen thousand feet.

Tilly jumped out of the helicopter and dove into the sea of clouds, which appears like cotton candy but formed by thick mass of tiny water particles, and when travelling at high speed it was like a thousand pins struck on the face.

"Ouch! This hurts!" she pulled down the visor.

"What did you think clouds felt like marshmallow?" Masha laughed while wrestling with the drone.

Tilly broke through the clouds and flapped her wings, her eyes darting left and right, searching for the second drone.

The Dragon drone has a powerful thrust that able it to carry heavy artillery, but they were distributed evenly to balance the frame, nothing prepared it for the dead weight at the tail.

"This is like breaking a horse!" said Masha tumbling across the air over Pittsburgh.

"Caught one!" Tilly's voice came through the helmet.

Half way across the sky, Tilly caught on the nose of Dragon-Two, she pressed her palm to the hull and fired her sonic pulse, it had no effect, not even a dent.

"What happened?" Tilly thought out loud.

"It must be the stealth shielding! It absorbs sound and signals!"

"Damn it!" Tilly cursed, forgotten the major feature of stealth technology, leaving her hanging on top of the bomber drone.

"You know you look like Major Kong in Dr. Strangelove right now!" Masha laughed out loud over the radio.

"You shut up!"

Tilly was the best wing-glider among the team, due to her engineering knowledge and her light weight, but nothing prepared her for an aerial wrestling match with a flying machine.

Watching both their drones compromised, Komarov ordered Dragon-Three to deploy.

The Dragon wasn't designed for close aerial combat, it doesn't carry guns, and he did not want to fire a missile to destroy his own drone, so he sent his alternative tactic.