Chapter 18 : Home Sweet Home

Kelly Hyland answered the door again, this time with an AR-15 assault rifle. She gasped at the visitor, dropping the rifle and hugged her in tears.

"Oh My God! Brooke!"

"Hi Mom!" she kissed her mother.

"What are you doing here?? When did you get in? How??"

"It's complicated, Mom." Brooke smiled looking at the assault rifle. "I see you found my stash!"

"Brooke!" Paige came flying into her sister's arms.

"Everyone." Brooke released her little sister and introduced. "You all know JoJo, and I like you to meet the team!"

Masha, Camryn and Tilly all came through the door, took turn shaking Kelly's hand, the mother almost scream seeing Tilly's bionic arms.

"Oh My God! Brooke!" Jill came in her high pitch. "Is Kendall with you?"

"No, we just landed. Where did she go?" the girls confused.

"She went missing since last night! I couldn't get hold of her!" Jill sobbed.

"Morris went looking for her, but he never came back." Kelly explained. "How did you girls get here?"

Kelly settled the girls in the living room, at crisis she still hasn't forgotten her hospitality, breaking out pops and cookies like a normal visit. JoJo took a seat and explained their task.

"Chloe is here too??" Paige's eyes widened. "Where is she??"

"She hasn't been here?" the girls exchanged eyes. "She said she landed last night!"

JoJo touched the display on her arm, trying to call Chloe's satellite phone, it couldn't connect.

"Your phone is still working?" Paige looked over the device like it's a new toy.

"Any electronics that wasn't running during an EMP burst are unharmed, and we were out of range when it happened." Tilly explained.

"Both my laptop and phone got fried!"

"Not necessarily. Cell phones use small amount of energy, they may not be affected, but the network is definitely down."

"Damn! I thought I could get Mom to buy me a new phone!"

Paige turned to her mother but she was gone, then came a collapse of pots and pans from the kitchen, everyone rushed to see the commotion, only to find Brooke digging through the cabinets.

"Really? The first thing you come home is to mess up my kitchen??" her mother was yelling.

"Mom. Where did you put the syrup?" still in her wing suit, Brooke had her head buried inside the lower shelves. "Why's there no food in the house!"

"It's on the top cabinet where I keep it all these years! You would know if you pay your mother a visit!"

At this state of crisis, Brooke wanting to make pancakes. Everyone watched the mother and daughter fight, then all turning to Paige, the little sister laughed silly.

"Yup, welcome to the Hyland Residence!"