Chapter 10 : Predator in the Sky

A police drone slowly approaching the US Steel Tower. After the news helicopter shot down by an enemy drone, all air traffics were put on hold.

"All right boys, let's get down to some bird hunting." Detective Kelly watched from the street, waiting for their plans to proceed.

Their Plan-A was to draw the enemy drone out and shoot it with anti-drone disruptor, a sci-fi looking rifle that fires a powerful signal to overtake the drone's controller. It can also activate the drone's Return-to-Home feature, causing the drone to automatically fly back to its pilot, which will reveal their location.

"Hunters" were positioned on various skyscrapers, with the assistance of bird-watchers, searching the night sky for their prey.

Should that failed, Plan-B was to send the police drone on a suicide mission, knocking the enemy drone down, or spent its ammo in the chase.

"In coming, east bound," the radio reported.

"Hunters. Stand by."

Six Hunters caught sight of the incoming drone, a black triangle hovering quietly between the clouds, like a cunning predator playing hide-and-seek.

A Hunter aimed his electronic rifle, locked on target and squeezed the trigger, the rifle beep to indicate its deployment, but through the scope he saw the drone continued to fly unaffected.

"Negative impact! I have negative impact!" he reported.

"Hunter Two, deploying." another Hunter took over. "Negative! Negative!"

After five deployment fail, Kelly picked up her radio and yelled.

"Intercept! Intercept!"

Immediately, three policemen steered their drones from different directions, all heading for a collision course.

The black triangle suddenly banked sharp and gained speed, cutting the police drones in close proximity, creating a powerful turbulence that ripped the propeller blades off their axis, leaving all three drones fell out of control and crashed into the pavement.

"So much for spending their ammo!" the Detective cursed. "Oh Shit!"

She watched the black shape dropped altitude and coming in low, a typical attack move. A trail of smoke shot out from under its wing.

"Take cover!!" Kelly yelled.

The missile screamed over her head, struck an armor truck a block away, knocking it to the side, sending everyone into panic.

* * *

On top of the US Steel Tower, Kendall watched the remote pilot giving a thumbs-up to his boss.

"How are you going to get out of here? The police have you surrounded." Kendall asked.

"Don't you worry about that." Komarov smiled.

"Even if you have a helicopter, you can't fly out the State."

"Let's just say we have support from the mother land." Komarov looked at his watch. "They should be here in the hour."