Chapter 28 : Fleeing

Three of the five trucks made it out of the nuclear plant, all heading into the southern hills. The plan was to stay under the woods, break out the plutonium rods and send them on separate roads, cross the state line and regroup, and be picked up by a prearranged flight on a private airfield in West Virginia.

Spotting a Blackhawk helicopter approaching in the air, Komarov ordered his men to turn off all electronics, went to the back and turned on the second EMP generator, arming it with the access key and ready to activate.

Someone kicked through the side window and sent the driver to the passenger seat. The small figure in black suit was grinning at him.

"Remember me?" JoJo cocked her head and smile.

More black wings coming down from the Blackhawk, landing on each of the trucks and began attacking the drivers.

Downhill to a sharp turn showed a green pickup truck, at the back Paige throw a home-made incendiary grenade to the first fleeing truck, it landed on the front wheel and burst out a hot white flame, melted the rubber and caused the 18-wheeler to sway, but the monster truck soon regain control, ramming its front into the small green pickup, from its side window came out an armed man, bringing up his rifle and began shooting.

"Oh My God! They're shooting at us!" Kendall screamed behind the steering wheel.

"Of course they are! They're the bad guys!"

Paige threw another one of her grenades, this one landed on the windshield, blinding the truck driver with hot flame, he missed the turn and drove off road, running the heavy vehicle into the downhill slope.

"And they kicked me out of softball!" Paige told Kendall at the back.