Chapter 34 : Parting

On the tarmac parked two private jets, JoJo's Gulfstream and Falih's Dassault Falcon, both highly polished and competing for their wealths. Everyone was there for the farewell, the Hylands, the Vertes, even Ms. Abby showed up.

Chloe felt awful seeing her dance teacher in a wheelchair, considering legs are the most important thing to a dancer, even thinking about it made her want to cry.

"What did I say?" Ms. Abby still asked in her teacher's tone.

"Save the tears for the pillow?" Chloe answered like the scared little girl she once was.

"Your mother once said she wanted you to believe in yourself. And you did. You chose the path that brings out the best of you. She must be very proud where she is now."

She is. Chloe smiled holding her tears, remembering the vision of her mother.

"Are you going to be all right, Ms. Abby?"

"Are you kidding me?" her teacher scoffed. "I have a new show now. Can you believe the network is actually paying me to scream at other studios now?"

"Are you sure you won't stay? You can sleep in Brooke's room." Kelly Hyland asked, then glared at her older daughter. "Not like she needs it any time soon!"

"Mom! I said I'll come back for Christmas!" Brooke whined.

Despite how much she wanted to move back to Pittsburgh, there's nothing for her here. At the Recovery, at least she receive tasks, it makes her feel alive. She turned to the tarmac and looked at JoJo and her team, all smiling and waving from the jet.

"Thank you, but I have a new home now." she smiled.

She took turn hugging everyone, giving them her best blessings, they are the people she grew up with, became friends, became sisters, and became a big family.

Finally she let go of Kelly Hyland, a mother to her now. She reluctantly turned to JoJo's jet, but only found it taxiing away, the Recovery team was leaving without her.

"Hey!" she chased after.

"We'll see you in Dubai! Princess!" the girls yelled from the moving plane, laughing as they shut the door.

Left standing on the tarmac, Chloe now left the choice of staying in Pittsburgh, or going back to Falih. She could see Captain Amer sitting inside the cockpit, he made a gesture with his palm, tilting up at a steep angle, wanting to show off his aviation skill again.

She gripped her fists, grunting in silence, disliking being pranked by her friends. Her eyes switching between the Prince's jet and the ALDC.

She began biting her lip again.

[END]