Mayhem In Jungle Jim's

Chaotic Hangouts

Chapter 6: Mayhem In Jungle Jim's

Date: November 7th, 2022

Telling some BRAINS members about Jungle Jim's was a mistake. It's a good thing there weren't too many crisis level events going on on our radar. Why did I think it was a good idea to talk about it in the BRAINS main chat? I just became a knight 2 nights ago and now, I have to deal with Carlos begging me to go: "Adam! Come on! Can we please go to Jungle Jim's? I want weird snacks!" "I told you that that was a bad idea! First of all, we'd need to blend in with the crowd. I'm not interested in setting off their metal detectors with my armor and having to deal with fascist serving authorities. That and it's a huge place. It's pretty easy to get lost in there if you don't know the store." We go back and forth like this for another 20 minutes until I give in and sigh: "You win. But we're going to have to be careful, okay? Dominic. I see you over there. Can you scan every Earth for Jungle Jim's and Covid-19 infections? I'm about ready to snag some N95 masks from our storage." He nods and types furiously into the computer he's seated in front of. "I hope you have a good disguise, Carlos. Because unless we travel to one with the date of Halloween, there is just no way we're getting away with our current get ups." Dominic finishes scanning: "I don't believe it! Time travel to a Jungle Jim's location would take too much energy. We are simply too far away from the Earth multiverses for that to be feasible from here. But there's more, what a causation to want to take a nap. Ugh. There's not a single universe that we can reach that that has Jungle Jim's that doesn't have Covid spreading out of control too. Unless you count the ones where humanity has destroyed everything, including most of themselves."

Bray walks into the room we're in: the lab: "If Carlos is going to go there, then we mustn't let him go alone. I shall go too, I believe you should as well, Adam and Dominic." I sigh again: "That's a good idea. Though at least one of us should hang out somewhere outside the store in case something goes wrong. With Nazis, Yappa Yappa, Pmurt Nedib, and who knows who else wanting us dead, you never know what trouble we could run into. I would like to bring my sword at least but it'd trigger the metal detectors." Bray replies: "I shall wait outside. I will even watch over any items anyone watches over. It'll be intriguing to witness what kind of chaos might happen." "That solves 2 issues. I'm bringing my sword. Not the one I can't even touch now. I'm far from ready for that one. This feels ridiculous. We're going to be traveling through dimensions in an instant 2 days after I became a knight all because Carlos wants weird snacks. But at least it can't get any more absurd, right? Wait, yes it can. I'm a writer and amateur comedian, I know that very well. Dominic, have you figured out which one in which universe we're going to?" "The one you just went to before falling asleep and waking up here to become a knight." "Dude, I want to cut something in two right now. Are you serious? I know full well how foolish people are in the region that Jungle Jim's in. Selfish, callous, careless, blindly patriotic, all that shit. Is there not a better universe to go to?" "Sadly, it's the best I could find." "Let's just take it. As long as we don't run into my past self or draw too much attention to ourselves, we'll be fine."

"Well I'm glad that's settled. I'm checking the main chat for the collective now. So tiresome. My friends, look at the replies. The Mane 6, mostly Rarity plus Spike want to come too." We look and are left speechless. I facepalm: "Of course they do. This would be kind of embarrassing if the other knights saw me right now. We're on the brink of war and Carlos wants snacks and Rarity wants to see Earth fashion there. Great, now I'm kinda talking like Memock and Zenblock. Feeling this way this strongly is so not me. Can you tell them to meet us here in our base? I'd reply myself but you're already on that chat page." "Sending that now." Seconds later, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Spike all show up right in front of us. Immediately, Pinkie gets excited and curious about the various gadgets in the lab. Dominic reacts and quickly stands up: "No no no! Don't touch anything! These prototypes are dangerous! Now I'm not like myself either! Careful, some of those bottles are fragile! One of them still has the frozen remains of that Nomu that was destroyed! We're still studying it! If it gets out, this place will be destroyed! Don't make me use force to stop you, Pinkie Pie! I just want relaxation and/or a nice nap! I didn't get enough sleep last night!" Just then, a blur of bright red enters the room: "Blaze! Slow down! You're going to break everything with that speed!" Dominic nods at me for the save: "Decrease your acceleration gradually before telling us why you're in here."