CHAPTER 19: A Lovers Quarrel

(Y/N P.O.V)

When everyone got brought back to life, most people got their happy ending; including Clint. For him the nightmare was over and he was able to hug his family once again but for me, there's a war inside my head. On one side, murderous rage cries out. On the other, my feelings for Kate. But I still refused to hear her words. Refused her excuses and reasons for not telling me. I needed the pain and the betrayal to stay sharp, to stay strong. To focus on a plan to kill Clint Barton.

I told Yelena before I left that I had to work through our pain by getting back to the mission so we could avenge our families together, I lied. So, I alone could find him. And send him off to hell. All I had to do was head back to my place and wait for my tracker that I put on his bag to come online.

I climbed into my hotel room and saw that my bed had still not been made from when Kate and I had spent the night together. How quickly things got fucked up since then still baffles me. But that was over now. I had nearly lost my way because of my feelings for her but not anymore. I'm more focused than ever to get back to the mission at hand. Making my way down the stairs, I saw a metal suitcase had been laid out on the coffee table. I walked up to it and opened it to see it was the prototype heavy marksman sniper rifle that Cypher had made me.

At first I was reluctant to use it, but now I know exactly who to test it on

At first I was reluctant to use it, but now I know exactly who to test it on. I felt my phone vibrate and at first I thought it was just Kate trying to call me again but realised it was Cypher. For once I was glad to hear his voice again.

Y/N: Hey man...

Cypher: Yo! Just got an alert to say that you finally opened the case, what'd ya think? Pretty isn't she? Not as pretty as Lee but still quite the looker, don't you think?

Y/N: She looks powerful, I'll give you that.

Cypher: You think she's good now but just wait until you pull the trigger. This thing is definitely gonna give our boy, Willie Fisk, a hard time.

Y/N: Cypher, what would happen if this were to be fired on someone, other than Kingpin?

I asked while admiring his craftsmanship.

Cypher: Well... you'd be firing the equivalent mass of a 6 ton truck compressed down to the size of a bullet, that's travelling at the speed of the underground trains in Brooklyn. Even if they are wearing armour, this thing would travel through their body and tear any organs and muscles in its way, safe to say it would definitely kill them. God just thinking about the damage gets my pulse dancing!

Hearing this made me smile.

Y/N: Good.

Cypher: Jheez what happened to your turnaround from the other day? Who pissed you off so badly that you want to use it on a regular person? Wait no! Don't tell me, Norman Osborn? J.Jonah Jameson? Oh please tell me it's Kathleen Kennedy!

Y/N: I found him, Cypher. I found Ronin. He was under my nose the whole time.

For the first time in his life, Cypher was speechless.