𝟎𝟎𝟏 Gambling Den

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Ⅰ 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒏

ELVIRA WAITED BY ONE OF THE TABLES, SURVEYING THE GAMBILING TABLE JESPER SAT AT. A Ravkan imported cigarette rested between her fingers and smoke spilled from her lips. A man yelled in delight as he won another round of cards as he stood and called for a barmaid, "Yes! I love it! Darling, please. Drinks here. Drinks all round here, please." He picked up his shot of liquor before plopping himself back in his seat.

"Hey, you take Zemeni coin, yes?" The man asked, tossing a silver coin towards Bolliger who caught it in his fingers.

Elvira watched as Jesper's eye caught something Ira didn't. "Let me see that," Jesper ordered, his foot pressed against the gambling table, his hat by his foot. Bolliger tossed the coin his way and Jesper caught it with ease. Jesper dropped his foot and his chair swung back into place so he sat properly at the table.

 "Ira," The Zemeni boy called. Ira tapped the ash and made her way to stand next to the boy. Jesper rested his elbows on the wooden lining and flipped the coin in his fingers and faced his cards down on the table. "A little lesson for you love. You know the Lucky Nine casino up the block?" Ira nodded and Jesper continued. "They've had trouble with counterfeit coin lately. Heavy, but brittle," Jesper explained, displaying the coin with two fingers.

"Are you saying this man's coin is a fake?" Ira questioned, her thoughts running side by side with Jesper. Two of Kaz's larger men straightened, waiting for the order from Ira or Jesper.

 "Oh, come on, now. I've been here for hours," The man defined, his eyes moving between Bolliger and Elvira. "My money is good, no?"

"Zemeni coin can take a bullet. But the knockoff..." Jesper winked and flicked the coin in the air. Jesper pulled out his revolver and shot a bullet through the silver coin. The members of the table ducked back and covered their heads as the bullet crashed onto the table.

The Zemeni coin rested on the table, smoke floating up and a bullet hole in the center of the metal. "Busted," Jesper mused. Jesper flicked his gun around his finger before slotting it back in its holster.

"What does that prove?" The man scoffed.

"Take him out," Elvira ordered, bringing the cigarettes' to her lips.