𝟎𝟏𝟎 Hidden In Shadow

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Ⅹ 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘

TENZIN AND IRA STOOD NEXT TO EACH OTHER, WATCHING THE GROUND GROW CLOSER AS ZOYA LOWERED THE FLYING SHIP. Tenzin took a breath, watching the houses below them fly by in a haze. Elvira looked up at him and she knocked her elbow against his arm. "I'm going with Inej and the others," Ira said, pulling her hair back. The ship hit the ground making them stumble slightly.

Tenzin nodded and smiled softly. "Do come back to me Ira," Tenzin said in a soft voice.

"Oh most definitely, you owe me a date," Ira laughed softly making Tenzin smile. Tenzin turned but Ira grabbed his hand, placing a knife in his hands. "Use it if you have to, I would like to see you again."

"As you wish," Tenzin said with a laugh. His hand lingered on hers and he bent down slightly, his coffee-brown eyes meeting her ice-blue stare. "Be safe Elvira." He turned and jumped over the edge of the ship, following Jesper, Kaz, and Wylan. The wind swarmed around them as Zoya lifted her hands, the breezes making her Kefta flap. Ira rested against the side of the boat, watching the ground grow further away as Zoya lifted it off the ground.

Nina walked to Ira's side, resting her arms against the side of the boat. "Is it better the second time?" Nina asked, looking down at Ira.

"Most definitely not," Ira huffed, pushing herself up and grabbing a cigarette from inside her jacket. "Let's just get this done quickly."

ZOYA LANDED THE BOAT IN THE SAND, CLOSE TO WHERE THE RAYS OF BLUE LIGHT SHOT THROUGH THE DARKNESS. Inej jumped from the boat, slicing quickly through the humanoid shadow beast that had raised Alina high in the air. The quick slice of the blade destroyed the beast in seconds, its shadow form consumed by a gold light before fading.

Alina to the sand with a thud, Mal rushing to her quickly. "So much for Sum Summoner," Ira muttered, tossing the end of the cigarette into the sand.

Nina rolled her eyes softly. "Inej is good through," Nina said with a smile watching Alina run into Inej's arms.

Ira laughed softly, "Inej is the best there is."

Zoya walked to the edge of the boat, her hands on her hips. "Yes, yes. Happy reunion," Zoya yelled, looking over the edge. "Can we get on with it?"

"Zoya, thank you," Alina called. "If you'd been a moment later, we-"

"Save it for later Starkov," Ira called, walking to stand beside.