𝟎𝟎𝟏 Return To The Foggy City

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Ⅰ 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒈𝒈𝒚 𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒚

ELVIRA SMILED TO HERSELF AS HER EYES SCANNED FIFTH HARBOUR. Under the night sky, the bustling dock comes alive with activity—ships unloading, lanterns casting a warm glow, and whispers of distant journeys filling the air. Ira followed after Jesper and jumped off the boat ramp and onto the grey cobblestone streets of Ketterdam. The cold air was stuffy and the streets were covered in fog. In the dense fog, the street teems with a bustling crowd, their figures blurred, voices muffled, creating an atmosphere of arcane commotion. 

"Didn't expect to miss this place," Elvira huffed, resting her hands on her hips. Elvira turned and walked beside Inej as they followed closely behind Kaz and Jesper.

They walked in silence for a few minutes. They had been gone for almost a month and now they returned to Ketterdam with no Sun Summoner for Dreesen and Rollins waiting to take their heads for going against his warnings. Finally, as they passed through the East Starve and now walked the familiar streets of the barrel, Jesper let out a sigh of relief. "Home sweet home," Jesper cooed as he looked around the buildings. "Straight off the boat from Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived." Jesper turned to the girls and smiled. "Yay. That's a good sign.

I think I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery."

"No debauchery," Kaz said quickly.

"Dice then," Jesper suggested with a shrug.

"No," Elvira huffed. "You don't have any money." Ira looked down at her left hand the absence of her claw ring felt weird on her hands. "I need to get a round of weapons."

"After. We have stops to make," Kaz compromised, his gaze still forward.

"What's first? Tante Heleen?" Inej asked, her feet speeding up slightly.

"We get to the Crow Club."

They turned down a set of alleys and stepped back out into the streets in front of the Crow Club. Their movements stopped short as Kaz froze. They looked up to the Crow sign, or where the Crow sign should be. An emerald green sign with a golden painted crown and writing hung from the doorway. "Where's our sign?" Jesper questioned, crossing his arms.

"It's been replaced," Kaz said, his eyes moving around.

"The Kaelish Prince?" Inej read aloud.

"That's a stupid name," Ira said with a huff. Kaz's eyes drifted down to the bouncers at the doorway. One turned his head revealing a large lion head tattoo on the side of his neck. "Is that-?"

"Dime Lions," Kaz confirmed.

"Pekka Rollins owns the Crow Club?" Inej asked, looking around at the others.