𝟎𝟎𝟐 Wealthy Merchant Dreesen

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Ⅱ 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏

IRA WALKED THROUGH RHE DOORS OF THE THE ORCHID. The fake flowers stood out against the real ones that had started to wilt. The entire brothel smelt of smoke and dying plants, and if you dared to venture upstairs the smell would carry through but with added sweat and sex. Ira hated these houses. 

One time when Ira ventured to Tante Heelen with Inej, the woman smiled wider than any person Ira could imagine. One of the man made the mistake of reaching for her hair and she sliced through his hand. It only seemed to please the Peacock more. "Anyone would kill for the taste of your snow, what silks would you wear?"

Ira turned her attention from the bleeding and whimpering mess of a boy and sent a cold glare to the horrid woman, "None you provide."

Elvira walked to the front desk of the orchid, a younger boy manning the table, an orchid on the wooden top and another stuffed into his jacket pocket. "Hello Madam, what can I do for you today?" He asked with a façade of sweetness.

"I would like to rent the Heartrender girl, Malina I believe," Elvira requested, putting on a sickly sweet smile. "You never what excitement you may come across with a Grisha like that." Elvira handed the boy a decent amount of kruge and the boy nodded

He disappeared into the backrooms and came back with the Heartrender a few minutes later. She was dressed in an overly puffy red dress with a cream hat that had red roses and silk on the side. Fjerda would tear this woman apart. "Melina, this lovely lady has paid for an hour of your time," The boy informed.

"Well, it's lovely to meet you," Melina cooed, reaching her hand out to Elvira.

"Pleasure is mine, do you mind if we leave this establishment?" Elvira questioned.

"Whatever you need sweetness," Melina hummed. Elvira led Melina outside where Kaz awaited.

JESPER AND INEJ JOINED KAZ AND ELVIRA A FEW MINUTES LATER. Elvira and Inej walked on either side of Melina and Jesper followed behind her, Kaz leading them to Dreesen's estate.

"I really appreciate new business, but you've only paid for an hour of my time, and I have to be back at the Orchid," Melina spoke up, rushing to get closer to Kaz.

"The Orchid isn't safe tonight. Your life's in danger with this job," Kaz informed, not looking back at the Heartrender. "Make yourself scarce for a few days afterwards."

"Mr Brekker, are you threatening me? Really?" Melina scoffed. "Even if I'm nice, my boss will call the stadwatch on you."

"It's not me you're in danger with," Kaz snapped, spinning back to face Melina with a dark stare making the group stop walking. "It's Pekka Rollins."