𝟎𝟎𝟒 Depths Of The Dark Water

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Ⅳ 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

ELVIRA AND TENZIN KNELT BY THE DOOR, EACH TRYING TO COVER THEMSELVES WITH THE THICK WOODEN PILLARS. "What do we do?" Tenzin asked in a whisper. "If Rollins knows were here-"

"Shut up, let me think," Elvira hissed. She tapped her fingers against the wooden floor, her mind ticking. She could fight them head-on, but not with that many guns; even with Tenzin's help. Maybe if Ten gave her cover she could fight them in the fog but with all those stray bullets, either of them could get shot. Even if she used her power, she wouldn't be able to see their bodies in the smoke. Wait, Elvira thought, we're at the harbour.

"Khan, how many smoke bombs do you have?" Elvira asked quickly.

"Uh..." Tenzin pulled his bag from his shoulder and shuffled through the small hand bombs. "Half a dozen."

"Okay, okay," Elvira nodded. "I want you to throw them all out there. Once the fog has lifted high enough, I'm gonna go out there and take them out. I'll give you a sign, you'll know it when you see it, I want you to run into the alley."

"How are you-?"

"Just do as I say Ten," Elvira interrupted. 

Ten nodded once before pulling the bombs out. He pulled a sting from his bag and tied all the bombs together by one on the hooks before getting another and running it through the pins. "They'll go off in three seconds, and will be fully active in ten," Tenzin relayed. "Open the door and I'll toss them." Elvira nodded and Ten pulled the string, the pins making a clinging sound as they hit the floor. "One... Two..." Elvira pulled the door open and tossed them out. Three... Four... A few stray bullets hit the door and one flew through the crack in the door, smashing the window on the other side. Five... Six...Elvira slammed the door closed and they both took a deep breath. 

"Are you hurt?" Elvira asked in a hurry.

Seven... Eight...

"No, no, I'm okay," Tenzin nodded.

Nine... Ten...

"Go for the alley." 

Ira pulled the door open throwing her hands up and pulling the fog higher and chilling the air. Tenzin ran around her as Ira turned for the water. In two quick movements, the water erupted in a wave and crashed over the cobblestone floor. Elvira pushed it forward, and the tsunami crashed over the Lions, sending them to the floor. Elvira pulled the water back, sucking the men into the Ketterdam River.