355: A good idea

December 21st - Prompt: Baking

------------

"You wanna help Lu?"

Lucy looked up from where she'd been staring out the window at the falling snow. "With what?"

"Me and Mum were gonna do some baking." Susan told her. "We thought you might enjoy it."

Lucy hesitated, looking back out the window.

Susan chuckled. "It's only just started snowing Lu." She told her. "Come do some baking, and then by the time we're done the snow would've settled and you'll be able to go out and play in it."

Lucy seemed to think this was a good idea, for she quickly agreed to help her sister. "What are we making?" She asked.

"Gingerbread of course" Susan said with a smile. "It's Christmas."

They wondered into the kitchen as she spoke, and found their Mum getting all the ingredients out.

"Susan convinced you then?" She said to Lucy, a smile on her face as she placed a bag of flour of the table.

Lucy nodded. "She said we could go outside after, when the snow's settled?" She said, almost asking her mum if that was okay.

Helen chuckled gently. "Sounds like a good idea." She said with a nod, getting a beam from Lucy. "Now do me a favour and grab me the sugar from that cupboard."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆