Chapter 10

Previously

???:Please! Please! Please! Please marry me! I could die any day, you know! That's why I want you to marry me! So please! Please, I'm begging you!

Y/N:What is going on?

Present(Y/N POV)

We are just now leaving from dropping Susamaru at my cabin in the woods. I left a note on the dresser next to the bed telling her what we were doing.

Now me, Tanjiro and his crow are all watching as a yellow haired boy is harassing a girl. A sparrow comes and starts flying around our heads.

Tanjiro:Woah...

The sparrow starts to frantically flap it's wings.

Tanjiro:Huh?

Y/N:I think it's his.

I said pointing at the yellow-haired kid.

???:I'm begging you!! There's no one else! You're all that I have!

Tanjiro:Okay... Okay... I see! Gotcha! I'll do something about it!

The girl pushes the boy away from her.

???:Please help me! Please marry me! I'm begging --

I pull him away from the girl.

???:Gah!

Tanjiro:What do you think you're doing right in the middle of the road?! Can't you see she wants no part of you?! And don't go making trouble for your sparrow, either!

???:Ah... That uniform! You're that guy from the Final Selection!

Y/N:You know him?

Tanjiro:No! No one I know is anything like you! I don't know you!

???:What?! But we met, remember? We met, remember?! You're the one with the problem! Like your memory!

Y/N:It's from all the headbutting.

 Tanjiro:Oh! I remember you now. Y/N you can let him go.

I let go of his collar.

 Y/N:All right, that's been taken care of. You can head home now without any worries.

Girl:I will. Thank you.

???:Hey!! Stay out of my way! That girl is going to marry me! Because she's in love with me, all ri -

The girl slaps him in the face.

???:Gah!

The girl keeps slapping him in the head.

???:Hey! Ouch! That hurts! Stop it! Stop it! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Y/N:Ok. Ok. That's enough.

I hold the girl back from hitting the boy some more.

???:Ahhh!

Girl:When did I ever tell you that I loved you?! You were crumpled up on the side of the road looking ill, and all I did was speak to you!

???:What?! You mean you didn't reach out to me out of love because you were worried?!

Y/N:Ok one second.Ma'am?

Girl:Yes.

Y/N:Do you know his name? Have you ever even seen him before in your life.

Girl:No. This is my first time even seeing him before.

Y/N:What is your name boy.

???:Um...It's Zenitsu Agatsuma.

Y/N:Ok Zenitsu. You thought that a girl that you don't know, who has never met you would immediately fall in love at first sight.