Chapter 18

3rd POV

Sanemi:What's wrong demon?! You know you want it!

Tanjiro tries to get up but is held back.

Y/N:Hold him Tengen.

Tengen:Whatever.

Tengen grabs Tanjiro's arms and holds him down. 

Tengen:Not very flashy of you.

Y/N:Calm down Tanjiro. She will be ok. Have faith.

Tanjiro:Ngh! 

Y/N:If you try using a breathing technique with damaged lungs, they will burst.

Shinobu:Along with your veins.

Y/N:Those too.

Tengen:His veins will burst! That sounds flamboyant! Come on! Start bursting!

Gyomei:Hmm. Poor soul. Such a weak, pathetic child... Namu Amida Butsu.

Sanemi:Hahaha!

Tanjiro:Gaaaaaah!

Y/N:Stop it Tanjiro.

Tanjiro breaks free from Tengen's grasp. Giyu grabs Tengen's arm. 

Tengen:Ngh! The hell are you doing!

Tengen tries to grab Tanjiro again, but Giyu grabs his other arm.

Tanjiro:Ngh!

Tanjiro gets up and runs to where Sanemi, Nezuko, and Y/N are. When he got there Nezuko turned away from the bleeding hashira.

Kagaya:What just happened?

Hinaki:The demon girl turned her back in disgust.

Nichika: Despite his flaunting of his bloody arm in her face, she restrained herself and did not bite.

Kagaya:So it's been proven that Nezuko won't attack humans, right? 

Tengen pulls away from Giyu.

Tengen:What do you think you're doing Tomioka? You aren't being very flashy.

Kagaya:Tanjiro. I'm sure that even after this, there are some who can't accept Nezuko. You must prove it to them starting now... that you and Nezuko can fight as Demon Slayers, that you can be useful.

Tanjiro:Ah!

Tanjiro puts his face to the ground.

Kagaya:Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki. Do that, and you'll be accepted by all. And it will give more weight to your words.

Tanjiro sits up.

Tanjiro:I... Nezuko and I will defeat Muzan Kibutsuji! Nezuko and I will do it for sure! Strike with the sword that will stop the chain of grief!

Y/N:Only if I don't get him first.

Tanjiro:Ah...

Kagaya:Hm. As you're ill-equipped to do so right now, Tanjirou, let's start by defeating a Twelve Kizuki, all right?

Tanjiro:Erk! Yes...sir.

Kagaya:As for Y/N, I'm pretty sure it's obvious he won't be eating anyone. He's already gone 500 years.

Gyomei:How do we know we can still trust him? He lied for years.  He betrayed our sacred friendship.

Y/N:I'm sorry for that. I wasn't going to tell you until I was ready.

The last words Y/N said were slightly directed to Kagaya.

Shinobu: That doesn't change the fact you lied.