Chapter 17

3rd POV

Goto:Are you going to sleep all day! Wake up!

Tanjiro wakes up and sees a line of people with swords.

Uzui:Bummer, I heard he was a Demon Slayer with a demon in tow, so I was looking forward to seeing someone more flamboyant... but that's one drab-looking dude, huh?

Rengoku:Yes! And now, we'll put this boy on trial! I see!

Tanjiro:Wh-Who are these peop--

Goto pushes Tanjiro's head into the ground.

Goto:Don't open your mouth just yet, you moron! Just who do you think is standing before you?! You're in the presence of the Hashiras!

Shinobu:This is the Demon Slayers' headquarters. And you're about to be put on trial... Tanjiro Kamado.

Tanjiro:Ah...

Shinobu:Before we start the trial, why don't you explain the crime you've comm --

Rengoku:There is no need for a trial!

Shinobu:Hm?

Rengoku:Protecting a demon is a clear violation of the code! We're within our rights to deal with him on our own! We're going to behead him along with the demon!

Y/N, who was standing  between Tengen and Gyomei changes his posture after hearing this, while also keeping his composure.

Uzui:In that case, I'll be glad to decapitate him flamboyantly. I'll show you the most flamboyant blood spray you'll ever see. I'm talking max flamboyance.

Gyomei:Ah, what a pitiful sight this boy is. The poor soul... I pity him for having been born at all.

Tanjiro starts looking around for Nezuko.

Goto: Hey you! The Hashiras are speaking! What are you looking at?

Tanjiro:Hashiras...

Gyomei:Let's put him out of his misery.

Rengoku:Yeah!

Uzui:Let's do it. Flamboyantly.

Tanjiro:Ahh...

Goto:Hey!

Tanjiro:Nezuko... Nezuko, where are you?! Nezuko! Zenitsu! Inosuke! Murata!

Iguro:Forget that. What will we do with Tomioka and Y/N?

Y/N:Well, YOU won't be doing anything to me.

Iguro:What did you just say?

Y/N:Pretty sure you heard.

Mitsuri:Guys, stop arguing.

Both of them look at each other.

Y/N & Iguro:Fine

They send one last glare at each other before looking away.

Iguro:Seeing them there without any restraints is giving me a headache. Based on what Kochou told us, Tomioka is just as guilty of breaking Corps rules. How will we deal with them? How should we make them take responsibility? What kind of lesson should we teach them? Don't the two of you have something to say.

Shinobu:Oh, where's the harm? They did come along without resisting. Let's come up with a penalty later. What I'm more interested in is hearing this boy's story. The reason he's going on missions with a demon in tow despite being a Demon Slayer. I'd like to hear the reason from the boy himself. Needless to say, what he's done is against the Demon Slayer Corps rules.

Tanjiro:Ah...

Shinobu:You are aware of that aren't you?

Tanjiro:Ahh...