Entertainment District:Chapter 8

In Tanjiro's subconscious. he stands in a snowy forest. 

Nezuko:Don't apologize Big Bro.

Nezuko appears before Tanjiro in her human form.

Nezuko:Big Bro, why are you always apologizing? If we're poor, does that make us unhappy? If we can't wear pretty kimonos, should people pity us? Are you so determined to blame someone? You think it was our father's fault for dying of illness. He tried as hard as he could, and it wasn't enough, so we just have to accept that! We're humans, after all, so none of us can expect everything to go our way. Whether you're happy or not is up to you. The important thing is now.

A strong wind blows, and the ends of Nezuko's hair become red.

Nezuko:Let's just look ahead. Let's try hard together! Let's fight! Stop apologizing. You of all people should understand! I want you to understand how I feel!

In the entertainment district. Tanjiro wakes up with a start.

Tanjiro:Ah!

Tanjiro takes a few panting breaths and finds the area around him on fire.

Tanjiro:Was that a dream about the past?

In Y/N's subconscious, he wakes up in a field of flowers. He sits up and shakes his head. 

Y/N:Where am I?

Y/N2:Hello there.

Y/N:You again?

Y/N2:I'm afraid so .

Y/N:So why am I here?

Y/N2:I brought you here.

Y/N:Still vague. Why did you bring me here?

Y/N2:I just wanted to let you know you're almost on the cusp of unlocking your last portion of power. Your meditation sessions must be going well.

Y/N:That's great to hear. Is that all you brought me here for? I kinda have to get back.

Y/N2:Pretty much. I'll see you soon.

Y/N wakes up. He struggles at first, but lifts the building from on top of himself.  Y/N looks around and sees Daki on a roof. He teleports behind her and notices she's yelling. Y/N looks at Tanjiro and Gyutaro in the distance. He sees that Tanjiro is preparing himself so stab Gyutaro with a kunai.

Daki:No way! You'd better not, Brother! I'm so not on board with that, all right?

Y/N crouches down to Daki's ear.

Daki:Ah!

She jumps from the roof and tries attacking Y/N. He just knocks her away. Gyutaro turns away from Tanjiro. 

Gyutaro:Hey Don't you dare touch my sister!

Y/N:'Do it.'

Tanjiro raises his head and headbutts Gyutaro. At the same time, he stabs Gyutaro in the thigh. Daki comes back. She attacks Y/N with her obi sashes. Y/N just watches Tanjiro while blocking Daki's attacks with chains. 

Daki:Brother, what are you doing? Get on your feet!

Gyutaro notices that Tanjiro stabbed Tanjiro with one of the kunais. Tanjiro gets up and raises his swords. A belt sash gets past Y/N's chains and carries him away once more. He cuts them but more come and sends him farther. 

Gyutaro:'Damn you... Damn you! You're a weakling! A stinking human! Look how beat up you are after I rubbed my superior strength in your face! Why won't you give up when you're on your own? Why won't you cave in?! The will to bring me down... Why is it so unswerving?!'