good old chat with the owl

Third person P.O.V 

Warning mentions of PTSD (Shellshock) and reference to suicide

Lucia stood outside of the Owl house pub, staring the poorly drawn bird that was scribbled on the front door with the name Hooty written on top of it. Lucia sighed and walked into the pub, pushing the door open, hearing a bell ding as she did so. 

The pub was a ghost town, the usual's probably were with there family's or drunk outside sleeping among the rubbish bags and bins, and a cuddly rad to snuggle up with. Eda was wiping down the bar, cleaning it from the many different alcoholic drinks that flooded it. while Raine is counting the money of todays work, seeing if they have reached todays goal. 

These two work well together, with Eda having the social skills to work the bar, speaking and joking with the many people who come by and have a drink, the lowlife and then every day person holds Eda with high respect, she can be goofy but when you slip up or hurt someone she holds dear, well she'll remind you that she spent her early days in the army.

With Raine well they are more how do I say it .... more intelligent then Eda, they can do maths extremally well, they can write and read and other things a person that comes from good education can do, though they are more introverted so they don't tend the bar as much as Eda. though they are shy they did also join the army, with that how they met Eda. 

Eda finished wiping down the bar and then looked up hearing the bell ding, as she looked over to the door a smile grew across her face seeing Lucia standing there. 

Eda: on well look who it is, my favourite veteran

Eda smiled placing her hands on her hip, she loves seeing Lucia, valuing her as her own daughter, she knew Lucia's dad in the Army so when she found out that Lucia's mum and dad lived close they started to hang out more, though when Eda really helped Lucia's Family was when her dad died during the Boxer war, he was called up to fight and well he went to everyone's  dismay, though he went and sadly died, Eda and Raine felt sorry to the grieving Camila and the young Lucia and baby Luz, so they helped out as much as they could and well naturally Lucia looked up to Eda and Eda enjoyed her company. 

Lucia: I should be calling you that hah

Lucia smiled with a small chuckle walking into the pub and sitting down at one of the stools in front of the bar.

Eda: I'm a veteran annnnnnddd Titanic survivor actually

Lucia: woohoo you went on the unsinkable ship

Eda: hey many people died, you're so unsensitive

She said pooping the cloth she cleaned the bar with on Lucia's head then crouching down and putting it away under the bar. 

Eda: so Kid why are you hear aye?

Lucia: oh yeah I need to ask you somthing

Eda froze having a bad feeling then slowly standing back up and looking at Lucia who's expression turned from kind of jokey to sad and depressed. 

Eda: A-alright kid hit me

Lucia sighed tapping her foot on the ground, just thinking about what's been happening to her ever since the war just made her feel nervous. 

Lucia: hey Eda have you ever had .... flash backs to when you served in the army? like one minute you're In your living room and the next you're back in the war? 

Eda sighed for a second trying to make sense of that Lucia just said, she has a sort of Idea what she means though she has only seen it happen to people, the first day then the solders came back one of them just started to freak out, shouting "THERE GOING TO GET ME" and dived to the floor like some artillery was going off. 

Eda: It's never happened to me, though I've seen what it dose to people, it's gotten the name shellshock am I right?

Lucia: y-yeah do you know how they deal with it? 

Eda took a deep breath in looking at Lucia, she can't imagen what is going on inside her and may peoples heads, all she can do is feel sorry for them. 

Eda: well for one I've seen them take up drinking, like a lot of it, and then some start smoking to relieve there stress, some turn completely mad and well some you see one day and then .... never again. 

Lucia sighed looking down at the bar with her head in her hands, she didn't like any of those options, she just started to fix her life she didn't want to revert. 

Lucia: is there any medicine for it? a-any at all?

Eda: well some but it doesn't really help and well do you think you could afford it? 

Lucia: I could just get Ame- no I don't want to worry her anymore as she already dose. 

Lucia sighed again not knowing what to do, her head wan in the mud and it seems like no one will throw her some rope, yes people try to help her, mainly Amelia but its only a plaster on a bigger wound.  

Lucia: I-I keep on thinking I'm back at the somme, in the mud and the blood, The cannons would never fall silent, and then guilt of Greg will always haunt me, but I keep on dreaming about a Yonge chap with Green hair on a horse screaming in pain I-I think he was on fire I don't know My mind is all foggy. 

Eda looked with sorrow over at Lucia trying to think on how to help. 

Eda: hmm how about you talk to me about it, and try to clear the fog of the memory, maybe then you may feel a bit better

Lucia: well ... I-if you says so, Ahem so the year was 1916 and the jerry's have a strong hold of the somme. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey it's me I'm back with a new chapter, hah I for got how fun it was to write, sorry I was gone I had a lot of burn out and well I started college this September so I needed time to settle down. anyway I'm back so that good, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, bye