Chapter 3: Addams Family Event

Wednesday awoke to Thing nudging her awake, she should have just broken a few fingers but saw that it was already eleven in the morning. She had an hour before the rest of her family arrived for the annual family affair and she needed to make sure that Xavier was up and almost ready. Wednesday got out of her bed as Thing made his way to make her bed for her so she could hop in the shower before getting dressed. Her showers never took too long since she did what she did best, wash her body and hair before getting out. Her routine took about fifteen minutes before she got out and had a black towel wrapped around her, since it was her room there was no need to bring her clothes in the bathroom and she didn't but when she stepped into her room from her in suite bathroom she saw Xavier on her bed and he immediately turned around flushed from her lack of clothing.

"Sorry! Thing let me in before he went downstairs." Xavier apologized. 

"Of course he did." Wednesday said in monotone before heading over to her closet and sorting through her wardrobe. "I'm surprised you're up."

"Why? I set an alarm, than realized you were still asleep when I peaked in so I went downstairs and had breakfast with your family before coming up here." 

"You looked in here?"

"Yes, I thought you were ignoring me when I knocked twice." Wow, he knocked twice and she didn't hear? She really was getting used to sleeping like the dead.

"Hm."

"What?"

"Nothing, how was breakfast with my parents?" Wednesday asked as she pulled out a pair of black tights and a white and black stripped sweater before grabbing a black bra and matching underwear and began to get dressed but stared at Xavier's back to make sure he didn't turn around.

"Are they always over one another?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Yes."

"Well that's practically what I saw, thought they were going to start having sex at the table at one point."

"They've done that before."

"Oh my god really?" Wow, her parents had a lot of guts to do that in front of their children.

"Yes, its quite disgusting." Wednesday always fought them on doing that at the dinner table, they could save that nauseating activity for the bedroom.

"They're in love." Xavier understood their want to show their children what love was but sex at the dinner table? That was kind of extreme but their affection to one another was noticeable.

"Sadly." 

"Come on, don't you want to be in love one day?" Xavier kind of hoped. He did like Wednesday more than a friend and that much had been obvious when it came to how he reacted around her, plus she also knew at the same time.

"No." Wednesday stated firmly as she finished getting dressed and stared at his back.

"Why not? Everyone deserves love." Xavier felt the sting.

"I have not met a soul who could handle me nor will I ever." Wednesday clarified as she walked by him to grab her brush.

"I'm sure someone can handle you and your tendencies." Xavier stated.

"Who? Someone like you?" Wednesday looked him dead in the eye and he gave her the same intensity that she gave him.

"I'm sure I could if you gave me an actual chance." Xavier responded.

"You say that now."

"I mean it, if I didn't think I could handle you I wouldn't have even bothered trying to pursue." Xavier clarified and she had to admit.. he did have a point but she didn't have time for this and stayed silent as she finished her hair. Once that was done she looked at Xavier. "Are you ready?"